26

place: Shawn's House
Time: 8:02 am
Date: December 3rd 2001

"Bee-Bee" I felt a tap on my shoulder. I shook it off and rolled over in the covers of Shawn's bed. No he didn't sleep up under them with me. Even though Aaliyah is only 2 and about to be 3, she wasn't stupid as you may have figured out by now. She was young with alot of questions. "Bee-Bee...you hears me"

I opened my eyes, but she couldn't see. "Aaliyah go back to sleep."

When she didn't respond, I rolled over and sat up.
"What's the matter mama?"

Her little hands fell to her little stomach. "I'm hungry"

I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the clock.
"Babygirl it's 8 o'clock in the morning. And it's Saturday!"

She looked as if she wanted to just cry, and that hit me hard. "Please!"

I looked over at Shawn, who had the pillow over his big tank head and then back her.

"Alright, come on let's get you a bath and dressed okay." I said holding out my hand. She took it happily.

"Okay!"

* * *

"So what do you wanna eat?" I asked Aaliyah as she sat down at the kitchen table. I watch her shrug.

"I dunno, whadda you wanna eat?"

I laughed. "Little girl, you woke me up at 8 in the morning and you don't even know what you wanna eat..." I stood up. "I'm going back to bed"

"Noooo Bee-Bee, stay wif me" she cried to me.

I sat back down. "What do you wanna eat?"

"Eggs"

I placed my hand on my hip. "That's it? No sausage, no grits,no orange juice...hmph! Some breakfast that is..."

"I want that too"

I smirked. "Yeah thats what I thought you'd say"

* * *

"Sooo Aaliyah" I said as I propped my chin up on my folded hands. She looked up at me and smiled and stuffed her spoon in her mouth. Getting it all over her face. She stuck her tongue out and licked it off a little. I raised my eyebrow. "Is it good?"

"MMM-Hmmm! Very" she said wiping her face with a napkin.

I nodded. "What do you wanna do tomorrow"

"What's tomorrow"

"The day after today." Wow just like Shawn.

She shook her head. "No, I know that."

I slapped myself in the forehead. "OHH! Umm tomorrow's your daddy's 18th birthday."

"Oh I made him something already. It's hidden though." She placed one finger to her lips. "Shh don't tell him but it's my handprints."

I giggled. "Oh trust me, I won't tell a soul."

"Good. Whatchu get him?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Unlike you, I don't plan to tell. I can keep a secret, but I already know that you can't."

"Yes huh!" I gave her a look like 'yeah right'

"Then who told him about that watch I got him last month?"

She looked down. "I have no idea"

"Mmm-hmm. Sure"

* * *
Later that day