41

place: The Carter House
Time: 5:47 p.m.
Date: August 22 2006

I pulled up to the house after yet another hard day at Glamour Shots Studio. I was so ready to fire everyone and just quit modeling altogether. But I really do love my career and it pays well. I parked in the first garage door and got out of my black Rolls Royce Phantom and walked around through the front door. As I took in the sight, my head began to pound even worse. The TV was on, the radio was blasting, Mariah was crawling around crying, Shawn was in the kitchen making noise, and Aaliyah was jumping up and down on the couch dancing.

Oh hell no!

I walked over and turned off the TV and then the radio. Quickly I turned around to face Aaliyah.
"Number one, get down off that couch. Number two, take them shoes off, and number three go upstairs and read because I know you didn't do it yet." She jumped down and took her shoes off. "Yes Mommy." I gave her a kiss on the cheek before she ran upstairs to read her book for the day.

I turned my attention to the floor. I shook my head.
"Hey miss lady" Mariah looked up at me with her wet little eyes. "Get up off that floor and walk. I told you about crawling. You have legs for a reason, and you didn't learn to walk for nothing. So get up right now." She poked her little lip out and tried to get up but couldn't. I smiled and helped her up onto her feet.

"Mommmmy" She cried out. I used my thumb to wipe her face off.

"What's wrong mama? Why you crying huh."

She rubbed her little stomach. "Din"

"Aww my baby hungry" she nodded. I kissed her cubby cheeks.

"Alright, mommy will make you something to eat because we both know daddy can't cook like mommy can right?" She nodded again. I laughed. "You coming with me." I grabbed her hand and we walked into the kitchen where Shawn was leaning up against the counter watching some game on the flat screen. "What are you doing Shawn!"

He jumped up. "Hey baby, you're home kinda late."

I pointed to the clock on the stove. "No boo, I'm home early. It's not 6 o'clock yet."

"Oh. Well I guess you are home early, huh?"

"Yeah" He smiled and tried to kiss me, but I moved my face so he couldn't. "I ain't kissin you"

"Why not?"

"Because when I came home my house was going haywire. Aaliyah was jumping on the couch with her shoes on. The TV and radio was on. Mariah was crawling on the floor crying. And you were in here watching some game."

He looked at the floor. "I'm a horrible father without you here." he said softly.

"Ah shut up, you said that last week." I picked up Mariah and placed her in her highchair. I went through the cabinets to find something to make.

"So what's for dinner?"

I shut the cabinets. "Subway. See ya when ya get back!" I said as I started to walk out.

"Wait! Why do I have to go?"

"Because I'm tired and you're not doing anything right now. While you're out get the baby something soft. I saw another tooth coming in."

He pulled down her lip. "I swear this little girl is growing up faster than Aaliyah did. She's doing everything so early. She got her first tooth like extra early. She said her first word at 6 months. Started walking and learned how to respond to words and questions at 9 months. My baby is growing up too damn fast. We should have another one."

"HA!" I said before walking out. "Take Aaliyah with you because unlike you we have the same taste in sandwiches. I don't know what the hell you be eating."

"Ok. So I'm guessing you want me to take the baby too?"

I smiled and kissed him on the lips. "I see someone is getting good at this game."
----

After they left, I went and took me a nice, long hot shower. I felt so relaxed when I got out. I put on a white tank top and some black shorts that didn't come that far down. I grabbed my pillow and laid down on my stomach and closed my eyes to rest. Right before I could fall into that deep sleep, you know the one where you can't hear anything around you, feels like you're dead kinda sleep? Yeah that one, well I was this close until I heard the bedroom door swing open.

"Baby you sleep!" Shawn asked. Naw I'm washing the car! Next thing I knew he was shaking me. I opened my eyes and came face to face with him.

"What do you want Shawn, can't you see I'm trying to sleep?!"

He shrugged. "I'm sorry, but your food is downstairs."

"I'll eat later, right now I just wanna relax. I'm so damn tired."

"Aww my baby is tired. You want me to help you relax?"

I nodded and closed my eyes. He started rubbing my back. Getting all of my sore spots and aches. I moaned from his tender touch. Without warning he started kissing down my neck.

"What are you doing. This isn't apart of the massage."

He smirked and started to remove my shirt. "It is now"
****

✨1 more chapter until it's done ✨
Catch up on my other stories if you haven't already!