34

place: Shawn's apartment
Time: 4:23 a.m
Date: January 2nd 2002

As I continued to hold my friend, I could only cry for them. This was serious and I didn't know how I could take it. I know we've had our differences, but right now they needed me right now. I know Shawn's upset but at this point I couldn't care less!

"So do you know what you're going to do?"

They shrugged. "I don't know Bee. I don't know what to do."

"You know if you need me I'm gonna be right here."

"There is just so much to go through, and I don't have the mon..." I cut them off, by pressing my finger to their mouth.

"Don't even go there. Don't use that as an excuse. Yes we've had a bad past, but that doesn't mean you can't count on me. You came over 45,000 miles to find me and that says enough. I will pay for it. Everything that's needed, I'll take care of it."

"Bee-- I can't ask you to do that!"

I smiled and wiped their eyes. "But God is asking me to. And I really want to help."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I've never been so sure about anything before in my life."

Without a second thought, I was pulled into a hug. Being grabbed very tightly, I just smiled while trying to wipe away my tears. We both let out a laugh, while looking into each other's eyes.

"I owe you my life. For this...I love you."

I smiled. "Awww, I luv you too!" I heard a noise behind me. It was like a satisfied laugh. Like I just proved someone's point. Slowly I turned around, only to come face to face with Shawn. I pulled out of their grip.

"Baby I-"

"I came here thinkin naw she ain't out doing me wrong. She's with Kelly or one of her girls. But when I get here I find you. YOU! The woman of my life. My love in the arms of anotha nigga, talkin bout you love him! Fuck that shit Beyonce!"

"Baby wait, you got it all wrong! You don't understand!!"

He grabbed me by the arm. "Take yo ass home!"

I snatched my arm back. "If you'd just listen to what I'm trying to tell you, then you'd under-"

"I DON'T WANNA UNDERSTAND! I CAN'T TRUST YOU BEE! EVERYTIME I TURN AROUND YOU DOING SOMETHING!" He shook his head and started to walk away. I ran up behind him and tried to grab him.

He jerked out of my grip. "Shawn, baby just listen to me!"

"Nah we good now get out!"
----
place: Harper High School
Time: 10:17 am
Date: January 8th 2002

*The following week at school*

"Aye Bee you and Shawn alright?" Kelly said.

"Yeah why?"

"Kuz word around school is that he's been hugged up with Breonna Miller all morning. Y'all alright?"

My heart kinda sunk. Shawn and I have been on bad terms since last week, but he wouldn't have the audacity to pull some shit like that. He's too much in love. That nigga ain't stupid. Besides I haven't done anything wrong.

I shook my head. "I don't believe that"

"Well open your eyes babygirl kuz there he go."

I turned around a little and saw Shawn with...another girl. He was holding her like he holds me. And he had the nerve to kiss all up on her neck. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I wasn't going to get even. I looked at my watch. I had to leave school early. But I had another class to go to before I left.

"Hey Bee you alright?"

I shook my head and left out of the hallway. I knew Shawn was smirking. And that only made me hurt worse. I just went to my last class of the day.
----
Shawn POV

After my 4th period class, I walked out of my classroom to go to my locker without Breonna. Yeah that...that was a little pay back for the stunt Beyonce pulled last week. Roy was waiting by my locker shaking his head.

"You wrong for doing Bee like you did earlier."

"Whatchu talking about?"

"Kelly told me what you did. You wrong."

I shook my head. "You don't know the whole story so don't try and preach to me. Anyways you seen Bee around?"

"She left school early. I forgot where she said she was going."

"Oh alright" I opened my locker and tossed some books inside. Something caught my eye and made me slow down at what I was doing. I picked up the folded peice of paper, and undid it. It was a note. I leaned up against the locker next to mine and read the entire note. I bit the inside of my jaw and almost lost it when something fell out into my hand.

"Aye man you aiight?" Roy asked. Slowly I lifted my hand, showing him what was in it. "Ain't that the ring you gave Beyonce?" I nodded. "Why'd she-" I cut him off by taking a deep breath.

"She broke up with me." I said softly, while taking the ring and stuffing it into my pocket.