42

place: The Carter House
Time: 10:42 a.m
Date: August 23 2006

I slid back the covers from my body and looked around me as the sun hit me directly in the face. I looked over at my side and smiled instantly. Although Shawn already went to work, I'm still happy because I was left alone with my two babies. It was just me and my girls today.

When I sat up, Aaliyah and Mariah's head popped up too.

"How did the two of you get in my bed this morning?"

"Daddy said we could sleep in here with you after he went to work."

I nodded. "I figured he'd tell you something like that. So my ladies, what do you wanna do today?" I asked placing my feet on the floor and putting on my robe.

"What can we do?"

"Anything you want. It's Saturday and daddy has gone to work. So it's your day."

"How about we just chill until he comes home. Then can we go out to dinner tonight?" Aaliyah said.

"Ummmmm okay, if that's what you wanna do"

Aaliyah smiled. "It is"

I picked up Mariah. "Okay well go get in the shower and get dressed and I'll take care of me and her. We'll go eat breakfast after that, alright?"

She got out of the bed. "Okay!" She ran out of the room and left me to my business. I put the baby in the tub and gave her a bath and dressed her in a BabyPhat jean skort, and a matching babyphat red polo. I brushed her hair down and put on a red headband on her head. She hadn't gotten her head full of hair yet, but I can already tell when it does come it's gonna be a lot. Thick and long just like Aaliyah. I had to cut her hair so many times because it's gotten too long and out of control. Especially in the summer time.

I brushed her little teeth and then got her settled in my room with her toys and a pacifier. I went and got in the shower. I put on some BabyPhat jeans with a pink cat logo on the butt that stopped down the left side of the leg, with a matching pink shirt like Mariah's. I put my hair half up into a ponytail and let the back down, and curled the ends lighly. I brushed my teeth and stuff and we walked downstairs where Aaliyah was waiting in the kitchen, in a BabyPhat jean dress.

"Aww well isn't that cute, the Carter triplets." I turned around and saw Shawn walking in from the laundry room. The garage leads to it.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" He nodded and gave me a hug.

"I had an early meeting and came home right afterwards. I had to see my babies today."

Aaliyah smiled. "So are you gonna stay for breakfast daddy?"

"Breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, mid-night snack. All of that and whatever in between" He said. She smiled and took Mariah into the kitchen so we can start making breakfast. Shawn grabbed me by the waist and we walked in together.
----
"Mommy?" I looked down at Aaliyah as I mixed up the pancake batter ."What happened the night Mariah was born?"

I looked at her and smiled. I've been meaning to tell her this story. She had spent the month with my parents in Houston and missed the day her sister was born.

"You sure you wanna know?" I asked looking over at Shawn. He smirked and put his head down. She nodded. "Okay well..."

* FLASHBACK TO SEPTEMBER FIRST 2005*

"Look this is the last time I'm gonna tell you to get me to the fuckin hospital!" I yelled at Shawn as he continued to move slower than a grandpa with a cane.