37

place: Shawn's apartment
Time: 5: 45 p.m
Date: Feburary 14, 2002

"I'm in the kitchen!" I yelled down the hallway as Aaliyah came running from her bedroom. Finally she reached me. "Yes ma'am"

"Mommy, what's love?"

I smiled. "Where did you hear that from?"

"Well I hear you and daddy say it all the time. I hear it a lot. But I no know what it means." She said shrugging her little shoulders.

I picked her up and sat her up on the kitchen table. "Well baby, do you want a dictionary version, or do you want mine?"

"Yours"

"Okay. Love is a deep feeling that you feel for someone else. Usually it takes time to develop or some people believe in love at first sight."

"How ya know if ya really love them?"

"Well when I fell in love with your daddy, I felt like I was on top of the world. Like I could never feel any pain. I couldn't eat, sleep, and all I did was think about him."

"Ohhhhh!"

"So what's the real reason you asked?"

"Kuz I got a present today." She said looking down shyly.

"Oh really, what kind of present?"

"Well I got a really pretty card, a teddy bear, and a lollipop."

I smiled. "Hmm, well today is Valentine's Day. So who gave it to you?"

"My fwiend"

"Oh does this fwiend have a name."

She nodded. "Mmm-hmm. His name is Noah"

"Do you like this Noah?"

She nodded again. "I think"

"Well what did the card say?" She shrugged and handed it to me. I opened it and glitter fell on the counter. I read it out loud. "Roses Are Red, Violets are Blue. Aaliyah is pretty and funny too." I smiled and gave her a hug. "AWWWWW! That is so cute!"

"Mmm Hmmm."

"Well babygirl you're only 3 years old. WAYY too young for a boyfriend. But he can be your friend for now okay boo"

"Otay"

"Soooo what does this Noah look like?"

She reached into the pocket of her jacket. "He gave me a picture." she said handing it to me. I looked at it and placed it up to her face. "Aww yall look cute together" I gushed.

"You're gonna tell daddy bout Noah?"

I looked up at her like she was crazy. "And get us both killed. I think not!"

"He might go kwazy!"

"Might is an understatement. He will go crazy. And I know that for a fact!"

"True. What time we go to dinner"

I looked at my watch. "He said when he gets off work. So I'm guessing around 7. So maybe we should go get you a bath and dressed."

"Otay"
----
"Wow!" Shawn said as Aaliyah and I came down the stairs. "You two look very beautiful."

"Mommy dwessed me!" Aaliyah said spinning around in her dress.

"I see and she did a very nice job." He said kissing her on the cheek. He eyed me up and down and licked his lips, like he wanted to take me right there in front of Aaliyah. "You...look really really beautiful baby. Wow!" He said grabbing my hand and spinning me around. He pulled me closer to him.
"I might have to skip dinner and send Aaliyah to Kelly's tonight." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and kissed him on the lips.