36

place: Shawn's apartment
Time: 7:01 am
Date: January 4th 2002

When I woke up, I could have sworn that I was dreaming. When I looked down, I knew I had to be. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have my baby back in my arms. She looked so beautiful as the sun hit her perfect caramel skin complexion just right. I admit I was holding on tight, but after what we'd been through I'd never let her loose as long as I live.

As I continued to watch her, I felt her move in my arms. She sat up a little and placed her chin on my bare chest.

"Why you watching me?"

I shrugged. "I just love looking at the most beautiful woman in the world."

"You sure you not mistaken me for Breonna?" She said raising her eyebrow. I grabbed her thighs and flipped her over on her back, and positioned myself back in between her legs.

"Hell Naw." I stroked the side of her face. "You are the most beautiful woman in the world. The woman that I love. The woman that made me so happy. The woman that has taken care of my daughter. The woman that's gonna be my wife one day."

"You mean all of that?"

"Every single damn word. There is no one in the world that can ever take your place in my heart. You and Aaliyah are my world."

She smiled. "I love you Shawn"

"I love you too baby"

She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I want you to come with me today."

"Where we going?"

"Trust me and I promise you'll understand my disappearances lately."

"Alright...but I have a question before we get up and get dressed."

She nodded. "And what's that?"

"Can I have a kiss?" I said poking out my lips.

She laughed and nodded. "Only for my biggest baby." She leaned up and kissed me on the lips. I let mine linger on hers for a second and then pulled away. Slowly she got up from underneath me.

"Meet you in the shower." She said winking.
----
Beyonce POV

I took Shawn to the first stop. Reddington Children's Hospital. He looked confused as we went inside as I walked up to the front desk.

"Back again Ms. Knowles."

I nodded. "Yes, is he awake?"

"Yes he's in his room playing."

"Thank you"

I grabbed Shawn's hand and led him down the hallway. I knocked on the door and opened it.

I was greeted by a giggle. "BEE!"

I let go of Shawn's hand and picked him up. "How ya doing Brian?"

He giggled. "Fine"

"You feeling better than the last time I was here?"

"Yes"

"Good. Brian, this is my boyfriend Shawn. Baby, this is Brian."

Shawn smiled. "How you doing lil man"

"Good"

"Why don't you go play and wait for your daddy to come back." I said letting him down.

"Otay" he ran back over to the bed and continued to play with his toy trucks.

I pulled Shawn over by the window. "Remember that night that I got that phone call in the middle of the night, and I got up and left immediately?" I said. He nodded. "Well anyways that was Ryan. My ex. He told me that a week after we left Houston, his son went to the doctor for his regular check up and they found a big bump on the side of his stomach. He has a rare cancer that grows on the outside of the body and into a lump. Eventually the lump will get bigger, and Brian will lose a lot of his major functions. The cancer will spread and eventually Brian won't be able to talk, walk, breathe on his own, or see. And then eventually he will die. But it can be treated. So that night I offered to pay for any treatment that he needed. That's why Ryan called me. He knew I was the only one who could help him and his son. So I did. And it doesn't matter how much he hurt me in the past. It's not about that. It's about Brian. He had his surgery the next day, and they removed the lump. That's why I left school early. But they aren't sure if it will come back, but as of now he has to stay in the hospital and I've been coming to visit him ever since then."

Shawn looked so speechless. "Wow!"

"I know I should ha-" he cut me off.

"You're amazing you know that?" I smiled. "I mean after the way he hurt you, you looked past all of that to save his son."

"I just thought, what if I was in his shoes and Aaliyah was laying in this hospital room. So I answered God's message and saved his life. And as a blessing, my bank account went up another million." I said.

"But the best miracle I got was having you back in my life." Shawn said.

He gave me a hug that seemed to last forever.
---
That night

Shawn, Aaliyah and I ended up spending our night at the beach.

Shawn and I were sitting together, wrapped in a huge blanket, while Aaliyah played next to us making a sandcastle.

He leaned down into my ear. "Is it really over?"

I didn't reply with words, I just leaned back into his arms and brushed my hair up against his face.

"Tell me" he pressed.

"Not unless you want it to be."

"Hell no!"

"So then I guess not"

"But you sounded so sure"

"I was stupid to ever write that note and break up with you."

"But you made some good points. But I do trust you baby. It's just that when you start sneakin around, I don't know what do think."

I nodded. "And I'm sorry. I shoulda been real with you, but I have been getting a headstart on my modeling career. I have even done photoshoots and everything. It's starting to come along."

"Uh-oh, my baby's gone be a star."

I smiled. "One day, and I'll have you and Aaliyah right by my side."

"Yup." He grabbed my hand. "Can I ask you a question?"

I looked up at him. "Sure"

"Would you mind putting this back on your finger." He asked holding up the ring I took off. I shook my head and he slid it on. "I really do love you girl. You've got my heart."

I leaned up a little and kissed him deeply on the lips. "I love you too baby." I said kissing him again. Aaliyah looked over at us.

"Okay, so you're together?" Aaliyah asked.

I pulled away from the kiss and smiled. "Yes, forget about what I said yesterday."

She came over and sat in my lap. "So you're not gonna cry anymore?"

"No baby, Mommy's not gonna cry anymore." I told her. She reached up and gave me a tight hug. Shawn wrapped his arms around my stomach and we rocked back and forth as the sun went down.