Chapter 6

(Luke)

"Oh and if you go find Levi, he will keep you company." Michael Tells me, turning back to Katie. I sigh. 

"ok" I say, turning around and walking out of the barn. I decide that I should go find Levi, i mean dogs are better company than people, they cant talk back. Once i walk into the dogs barn i find that only five of them are in there. Forgetting what Levi looks like I call for him.

"Levi" i whistle, but none of the dogs lift their heads up, let alone come running over. i sigh in defeat. oh well. Michael said no one is allowed unsupervised so i head back over to the barn to try to find this field he was talking about.

I walk around to the back of the barn and find the gate to the fence that surrounds a really large area of land. I cant even see where the fence ends. I walk over and lean my arms on the metal, looking for the girl Michael put out here. I see her a couple hundred yards away on her chestnut colored horse so i just climb on the gate and balance myself on the top bar.

Pulling out my phone to try to pass the time, i'm reminded of just another reason why i hate it here, as I try to open twitter to see what is going on and find that i forgot about this place having no service. I groan in exasperation and put my phone back in my pocket. Why did they have to send me here of all places!?

"you look like you're angry" A voice breaks me out of my thoughts and it startles me so much that i almost fall backwards off the gate.

"you scared me!"I say, regaining my composure and balance on the fence before looking up at the laughing girl on horseback who is now in front of me. If i wanted to I could reach out and pet her horse.

"sorry! i didn't mean to startle you." she continues to laugh. I scoff "ok, it wasn't that funny."

"sorry, you looked like you could use some company. Michael sent you out here didn't he?"

"ya" i nod.she scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"of course he did, doesn't trust me." This time when I look up at here, i really look. Before she was across the room. Her blond hair is down her back in a braid, the top of her hair covered in a helmet. Here eyes are blue, almost as blue as mine would be if it was years earlier, now mine are a gray color. And if she didn't have a tan we probably could be related.

"he said it's policy." i shrug, repeating what Michael said as i have no idea how anything works here.

"whatever." she sighs. "i'm Chelsea" she introduces herself, flipping her braid. "and this is Caramel" she pats the horses neck. 

"i'm Luke" i say, nodding. of course she probably already knows that.

"oh i know" see. i laugh and smile at her.

"Bummer about your tour being canceled. That's so not cool." i find myself agreeing with her, i mean she is the only one who actually knows who i am around here.

"I know and to make it worse they sent me here" I say, motioning to the area around us.

"That stinks, but aren't you 22? Can't you make your own choices?" she asks. tilting her head. I scoff.

"Tell me about it, i may be 22 but my mom is my manager so really, i have no say in any of this." I complain. 

"I should be back in New York, playing the four nights of a sold out Madison Square Garden and Partying with my friends. Not here at this stupid farm. they even tried to get me to work. Like really? do they not know who I am? I play sold out concerts, i don't clean up after smelly horses." i complain.

" tell me about it, your the most famous rock star in the world! You deserve to be living it up and partying with people who will boost your status, not losers like Michael." she says. i sigh.

"i would do anything to get away from here! even if it was only for a night." I whine. she laughs.

"your in luck." i look up at her confused. 

"what?" i ask. she smirks.

"there is a bonfire tonight. all the important people will be there. it's something the kids in the town started years back. we've continued the tradition even though most of us are out of school."

"bonfire?" i ask. 

"not really my scene. if you catch my drift." i say. she smirks again. 

"oh don't worry. there are no losers there, that means we have all the fun we want. and trust me, its totally your scene." I grin. finally something cool to do!

"so what do you say? wanna go with me?" she asks. 

"hell yes. I haven't even been here for a whole day and I cant wait to get away. what time and where?"  I ask.

"Dawson's farm, 8 o'clock." she says, starting to steer the horse away.

"wear something hot, all my friends will be there" she winks over her shoulder and kicks the horse to run off. i'm left there grinning. finally something to do! and a way to party even when i'm not in New York.

~~~~~~~~~~

(later that night, 6:00)

"how was your first day Luke?" Uncle John asks, after he takes a sip from his beer. i roll my eyes. what does he expect me to say? oh uncle John it was amazing i absolutely love it here!?

"eh, the only good thing about it was that I made a friend." i say, picking at my dinner.

"oh really? I knew you and the boys would get along" he says happily, looking to Michael who is sitting here on the opposite side of the table completely silent.

"I was talking about someone else." I say. 

"oh really? who?" he asks, confused.

"her name is Chelsea, we hung out while she was here riding her horse. shes really cool and she invited me to this Bonfire tonight. she said all the young people in town will be there. apparently its a tradition?" i say, not looking up.

"oh. uh ya, the bonfire out on Dawson's farm?" he asks to confirm it. i nod.

"ya, that one. Can i go? i mean i don't really know anyone around here or the place itself and i think this will be a great way for me to meet some people, make some friends." I explain. John stays silent for a moment and when i look up i see that he is having a silent conversation with Michael across the table.

"uh guys?" i ask.

"you can go Luke" i grin.

"thank y-"

"you can go on one condition, Michael has to go with you" 

"what?" i ask, frowning at the same time as Michael protests.

"um no way in hell am I going!" he shouts, crossing his arms over his chest. he has since gotten a different shirt since i last saw him. what is that three shirts in one day?

"Michael, please, Luke is our guest, i think its a great Idea that he want's to go and meet people. But you are really the only person he knows here and i would feel better about him going if you were there, plus he doesn't even know were Dawson's is. and aren't Ash and Cal going to be there?-" John starts to rant to Michael and I can see Michael getting increasingly agitated and i hold back a laugh when he just shouts, cutting john off.

"ok fine! i'll go. jeez. but this is the first and last one i'll ever go to. and only because Ash and Cal will be there." he begrudgingly agrees. John grins.

"good, it's settled then. well you boys better go get changed then, party starts in an hour" he laughs, standing up and taking his plate to the sink before leaving the room.