Chapter 42

(an: The video is the song they are playing in this chapter. give it a listen, it's one of my favorites from The Summer Set.~~~~Katie)

(Luke)

"Hey Luke having a good time?" Alex asks when we walk out on the stage. for me it feels like home but i laugh when i notice my friends are apparently a bit shy.

"what are you doing?" I ask when i get close enough for the two of them to hear me. i then notice Zack and Ryan are walking towards us too.

"This is our very famous friend Luke! say hi to Luke" Jack says to the crowd. i laugh.

"and these are Luke's very not famous friends" Alex jokes.

"Luke introduce your friends" he says, handing me his mic.

"hey guys, sorry for stealing your concert." i laugh. "this is Michael, Calum and Ashton, my friends from home. and for those of you who dont know me, home is a very rural part of Sydney, Australia." i introduce them one by one, they wave a bit when i say their names.

"why are we here?" I hear Michael, asking Zack behind me. Zack just laughs and pats his shoulder.

"Also for those who dont know, these guys used to all be a band before Luke became a singer. and today backstage Luke challenged us to a battle of the bands. he said his band was better than ours." Alex continues, laughing when the three behind me look between each other with wide eyes.

"I apologize in advance for this you guys," Alex says, looking at My friends standing behind me.

"but Luke, you need to be taught a lesson" he laughs.

"we told them we would play as bands for our crew after the concert and have them decide who wins but i think this is better, dont you?" he turns to me Smirking.

"dont tell me..." i hear Michael whisper.

"were going to have our battle right here, right now and the fans will decide who wins." the four of them grin at us, walking over and handing each of us an instrument. well in Ashton's case a pair of drumsticks and in my case nothing.

"you're on!" i say through jacks mic, and then pull Michael aside.

"Luke!" Ashton and Cal shout at me.

"i didn't know this would happen! besides it's not everyday your favorite band asks you to play on stage at one of their concerts" I smirk at them, knowing it will persuade them.

"fine" They mumble, walking back out. I can see Michael shaking with nerves. He is not only going to play on stage with his favorite band, but to 20,000 of their fans as well.

"i need a piano" I say as Jack tries to hand Michael his guitar.

"This is Michael, he's going to play my guitar! and he has cool hair" Jack says into his mic after Mikey refuses to take the instrument.

"uh no i'm not"I can see he's starting to panic.

"Mikey you will be fine. just stay behind me if you have to." I say, as we watch the stage crew bring a piano out on stage. He nods, taking a deep breath and turns to take the guitar from jack.

"whenever you guys are ready." Alex says.

"Madison Square Garden we give you Five Seconds of Summer!" The four of them shout making me laugh. when its almost silent again and i get the go ahead from the guys i start to play the opening notes on the piano.

"hey, we interrupt your regularly scheduled show to bring you four idiots with instruments" i laugh into the microphone headset i was given.

" I'm a bit too pop for the punk kids, but I'm too punk for the pop kids