Chapter 36

(Luke)

"Mom what time does their Flight land?" i ask for probably the millionth time today. i'm just so excited they are coming, with or without Michael, though i would prefer Michael to be here too.

"Flight should land at 1 am. so get yourself to that interview and come home so you can see them before they all fall asleep before you get back" she laughs. I have to go to an interview somewhere here in the city in an hour. I know it's a 22 hour flight from Aus to NYC so my mom is just joking that i wont be there t see them. well either that or she was threatening me to not go partying. I haven't gone to a party since i left the ranch that wasn't a mandatory one or for someone famous. and even then i didn't let them get out of hand.

"no word from them about Mikey?" i ask, looking down to play with my hands. One thing that has changed since i got back was that i was honest with my mom and dad and told them I loved Michael, that i always have. they needless to say supported me and said they actually knew which i call bull on because they always let my label set me up with girls.

"sorry honey, i guess he's not coming. i mean i dont blame him, he was the one that hated going to busk at Hyde park" she laughs. i pout.

"thanks mom" she frowns but still laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"i think you should give him time, i mean you got a whole summer to adjust to being back at the ranch." i nod and sigh.

"i know. i have to go. thanks mom" i bow my head and walk back to my room to get ready to leave to my interview.

~~~

(1 am, New York)

(Mikey)

"finally! land!" I shout when we are finally off the plane, causing other passengers to laugh at me. i blush and duck my head, following behind Ash and Cal who somehow know what they are doing.

"so how are we getting to our hotel?" I ask as we walk up to baggage claim and wait for our bags to come.

"Luke's mom is coming to get us" Ash says turning to face me grinning. my eyes widen.

"really!?" i ask excitedly.

"is Luke coming too?" I ask, grabbing my suitcase when i see it go by on the belt.

"Liz says he has a late interview. so i guess we will see him tomorrow." i frown. as much as i dont want to be here i can't wait t see Luke.

"come on, lets go outside, ill call Liz and see if she's here"Ash says after we each get our bags. we follow him out of the busy airport, with almost no accidents, aside from my almost panic attack after getting lost in the crowd.

"finally, fresh air" i cry when we get outside. Ash and Call laugh and roll their eyes.

"stop being so dramatic"Ash says.

"seriously, you're an embarrassment" Calum jokes.

"hey, rude" i frown.

"Hey boys!" A friendly familiar voice calls to us. all three of us look up and grins spread across our faces.

"LIZ!!" we shout and tackle her in hugs. she laughs and does her best to hug us back. we are three 6 foot Australians.

"ready boys? Luke is still out, i sent him on a grocery run when he got home so i could come get you." she smirks as we follow her into her car, the same blacked out Escelade as the one she had at the ranch. dont ask me how she got it there because i don't know.

"why are you hiding from him?" i ask. i know they said Luke didn't know i was coming but really?

"we told you, Luke doesnt think you're coming, so were surprising him." Ash says.