Chapter 20

(Michael)

"So how does this work exactly?" Luke asks when we pull up to Hyde Park. we still have a few hours of sunlight left so i figured we could still do what I had planned originally. 

"well." i start jumping out of the truck and pulling my seat forward to get to where i put my new guitar. 

"we, are going to go play a few songs for some oblivious people." I explain. shutting the door and locking the truck. 

"So like, just me, or both of us, or what?" he asks still looking slightly confused but excited.

"whatever you want to do. If we play like we used to then maybe people won't recognize you as fast." i shrug. we walk in silence taking in the view of the park I hadn't been to in years. I don't know the last time Luke has been here.

"I have an Idea." Luke says suddenly, stopping. 

"Ya?" i turn to him.

"here,"he says, pulling the beanie I was wearing this morning out of the bag, along with a Snap Back that he must have bought when we got our swim shorts.

"Put these on and our sunglasses.  I'll Put out on twitter that i'm busking at Hyde Park and to come find me. it will be funny because we are kind of in disguise and none of the fans will think it's me if i'm with you and were both playing. we can play some of the song we wrote for the band" he sounds so proud of his idea that I cant say no. so I shake my head, soft smile on my face and pull the beanie and sunnies on.  

"oh and it's even better because you have dyed hair now so they wont even know who you are" he laughs as we walk around, trying to find a good place to set up.

"how about there? by the fountain?" I point out. he grins, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him. 

"ok, song first and then twitter or?" i ask him, placing the case on the ground and opening it. I gently pull out the brand new instrument and start to tune it by ear.

"let's do some covers first and wait till we see fans? there are always people out  here busking so it may take a while for us to gain an audience." he suggests. i nod.

"with your voice?" i laugh. he blushes and looks down at his hands. 

"have you already forgotten that we used to have everyone in the park watching us? You have an insane voice." 

"anyway." he ignores my comment. 

"what about... wanna do the songs we used to cover as a band?" he asks, like a light bulb just went off in his head.

"sure, do you remember what we covered?" i ask. I barely remember myself.

"umm. I know we did Jasey Rae. Jack always teases me about that." he says. i laugh, i keep forgetting he is friends with my favorite band.

"so let's do Jasey Rae." i nod, positioning the guitar in my lap and strumming it a but to get the sound right. once i get it, i count Luke in.

  "Lights out
I still hear the rain
These images that fill my head
Now keep my fingers from making mistakes
Tell my voice what it takes
To speak up
Speak up
And keep my conscience clean when I wake" Holy shit. Ok, this song sounds so much better than 8 years ago when we did it already. I know that has to do with his voice being better and stronger. when we played it he could just barely hit the notes. i'm surprised he actually can now considering its been a while since he actually sang anything for real. Singing along to the radio doesn't count.