Chapter 1 - The Pain of Death

AN: Hey guys it's LucasDB39 and today I bring you the start of this story to make up for not finishing the other story I wrote. I promise I will finish this one even if I don't want to. This story takes place right after Gaea's defeat, and in the story Leo didn't die but Annabeth did instead of Leo. I hope you enjoy and please make sure to leave a review, I love reviews and I will accept any suggestions and recommendations and potentially use them. Thank you and enjoy the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in the story currently, I will tell you if I make characters that aren't in the original story, but I do not own any of these characters and I do not own the Percy Jackson series, all rights and credits to Rick Riordan. Enjoy the Chapter!

Chapter 1

The Pain of Death

*Third Person POV*

Perseus Jackson sat on the ground weeping, as he held the love of his life in his arms. Annabeth Chase, the girlfriend of Perseus, or otherwise known as Percy, was in his arms dying, and he could do absolutely nothing about it. He had tried everything, from ambrosia and nectar to his water healing abilities. Nothing worked. She just sat there, dying in his arms, and he couldn't imagine life without her. She had somehow gone with Leo and stopped him from dying with the cure, but she had sacrificed herself in the process.

Annabeth leaned up and wiped the tears from her lovers eyes, and whispered "I love you" before the life left her beautiful grey eyes, and her soul left the world of the living. Percy wept before managing to get in control of himself. He was dimly aware, of the Olympians standing behind him in utter shock. He bent down and kissed her one final time, before saying in a broken voice "I swear on the River Styx to never love again. I will never take on another lover and I will never have children or get married. I will forever remember Annabeth Chase until the end of my life" he finished before thunder boomed. He rose from his spot and looked at all of the Olympians, all of the Greeks, all of the Romans, with pain clearly etched in his eyes, deep, deep pain in his eyes.

Then the most unexpected thing happened. Zeus stepped forward and pulled his nephew into a tight embrace, while Percy wept into his shirt. All the Olympians stared at them in shock. Poseidon recovered from his moment of surprise and stepped forward and put his arm around both his son and brother. Zeus and Poseidon both stepped back before the brothers put one of their hands on a different shoulder, Zeus taking Percy's right shoulder and the Lord of the Seas took his left.

The face of Percy Jackson was anything but pleasant. Not even a little, single piece of the two-time Savior of Olympus' face showed anything but sadness and depression. Zeus flashed all the Olympians and demigods, including Chiron, to Olympus in the throne room.

When everyone could see again, everyone was moving around in the throne room to different spots while the Olympians strode over to thrones and grew to their godly height and took their seats. Percy stood in the middle of the throne room, depression radiating off of him. Thalia walked up to him and hugged him tight, muttering some encouraging words into his ear. And then he lost it.

He burst into tears and stuffed his face into Thalia's shoulder, sobbing, heartbroken. Thalia pulled him close and rubbed his back with her hand, trying to make Percy feel better, but nothing worked, even her funniest jokes had zero effect. When Thalia's shirt was almost completely soaked, Poseidon got off his throne and turned into human size before waving his hand and making Thalia's shirt dry, before walking over to Percy and pulling him close.

Percy continued to sob into his father's shirt. He had lost the person most closest and important to him. He lost her, and there was nothing he could do. The love of his life was gone. He lost the most important part of his life, it was as if somebody had ripped his heart out of his chest, the pain multiplied by a million. His mind couldn't comprehend losing Annabeth; she was his life, his mortal anchor. Even though he had long since lost the curse of Achilles, she was still his mortal anchor. He lost the most important piece of his life. Forever gone.