Chapter 4 - Guardian of the Hunt? I'm Too Young To Die!

AN: Hey guys, it's LucasDB39 here, and I decided to surprise you guys with a new Chapter! I can not express my thanks to the people who have been leaving nice and great reviews, and also others who have been asking questions that I can answer. To respond to those, I will start with prietar! Thank you for placing your trust in me, I won't let you down! And GilbM13, an excellent question! The reasoning for it was because the way I have this going is that was selfish and wanted power. The reason being was because she knew in the end her plan had backfired on her, and that she was going to die. So, she hoped to die and be remembered in the history of the Greek World as a hero, if she couldn't rule and take over. She wanted to be remembered in honor and glory, what she had been trying to earn selfishly, and she did earn it selfishly, before the truth came out after her death. I answered this question in the reviews, but just in case you didn't see it, I answered it here anyways. Anyways, enough of my rambling, I hope you all enjoy the Chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story currently, I will tell you if I make characters that aren't in the original story, but I do not own any of these characters and I do not own the Percy Jackson series, all rights and credits to Rick Riordan. Enjoy the Chapter!

Chapter 4

Guardian of the Hunt? I'm Too Young To Die!

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"Zeus just nodded his head in agreement and said "Well, at any rate, we should send Percy to rest in Apollo's palace, and hope that his depression fades away and he returns to his normal self. It is more than obvious that he is not even close to how he was before Annabeth died, and he seems even more depressed than when he left. As mortals say, time heals all wounds." With that he vanished in a flash of lightning. As the rest of us flashed out, I thought 'Well, this is going to be interesting.'"

*Currently*

*Percy's POV*

(Finally, ikr?)

Who thought that my life was going to go like this? I was just in my cave, my new home, my one shelter that had cut me off from the godly world for so long, and guess what? I was dragged by Artemis to Olympus, and cried on her shoulder, only to get a sisterly kiss on the cheek and to pass out. That's just amazing, isn't it? I know I might sound whiny, but it is just unfair! The worst thing that could probably happen now is that Zeus asks me to become the Guardian of the Hunt or something. I swear, I'm not kidding. If he does, I am literally yelling no on the top of my lungs. Not to be rude to Lady Artemis, but the Hunt is an awful place for males, even if I am apparently an 'exception.' It would be weird anyways if Zeus thought it was a good idea for me to become Guardian of the Hunt. That'd be like some old cliche story. (I told you to trust me prietar! Here you go!)

Anyways, as I was just swirling with thoughts in my unconsciousness, I was wondering what was going on in the world around me. I mean, sure, I might not be very happy about all that's happened to me in the past eleven years, but I do care somewhat about what's going on around me in the world. Sure, I cut off my connection to the godly world for eleven long years, but that was for the best for anyone. It was too obvious that wherever I go, people are hurt around me. People will try to tell me that it isn't my fault, but it more than definitely is. In the many years of me being in the demigod world, living the demigod life, people have died all around me. That's just how it has been. How it is. I tore myself away for their safety. I just brooded in that cave for eleven years. Literally. Animals would bring me food for dinner, and then I would continue my brooding. My blessings from the gods allowed me to not have to sleep, so I haven't sleep in eleven years, and life was just trudging along, like a turtle, slow, and not much eventful things going on. But now that I was back, somebody was gonna die, and it'll be bad.