Chapter 7 - One Huge Explaination

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake"

Chapter 7

One Huge Explanation

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"'My father looked at Percy and said "You have some serious explaining to do, young man.'"

*Currently*

*Artemis' POV*

Perseus just sighed in exasperation. He said "We should probably take a seat, because this may take awhile." After everyone was seated, except Percy, who kept standing, started to speak "Well, I guess it all begins back after I left. I decided to go check the underworld to say a last goodbye to Annabeth, quick side note, I masked my presence from Lord Hades, but anyways, when I got there, to my shock, I couldn't find her anywhere. After a little bit of searching, I realized that she chose rebirth. No, she wasn't a traitor, but in my eyes she kind of betrayed me, instead of waiting for me to meet her one day. I've been going around killing monsters ever since I left Olympus that day. As for how you have never been able to find me, that's easy. I simply followed the Hunters of Artemis."

Suddenly anger and rage filled me, and I coldly regarded the male in front of me. "You dare follow my huntresses and invade their privacy?" I hissed at him. The other gods were giving me frightened looks, but I couldn't care less. He simply replied "No, I never entered or went very close to your camp. I simply trailed behind wherever you were, because I knew that chances of any of the search parties from either camps would dare get near the Hunt, and I also knew that the chances of you suddenly turning around and running into where I was camped was extremely unlikely." I thought about his words, and I couldn't detect any logical errors. I mean, I have to give it to him, his strategy of not being found or detected was pretty smart. He cleared his throat.

"Now if I could please finish my story without anymore interruptions, that would be great." Perseus said, making me a little ticked off. He spoke again "As I was saying, I followed the Hunters of Artemis because the chances of them discovering me in there own tracks would be very unlikely. However, while the plan was simple, training was absolutely horrible to try and do without alerting every single god or goddess there is. I was trying to get the powers I had gained under control and usable, but training was super tricky, because I knew Lady Artemis was already keeping her senses out to try and detect me. I somehow was able to get pretty good control over these powers, and discovered ever more cool moves to them that even the god or goddess of that domain had. Also, sometimes I would stop following the Hunters to go on some more adventures. Trust me, I had a lot of experiences that aren't worth telling right now. One day I was just following the Hunters when they started going towards a cave that had footprints leading up to it. I already knew something was wrong because I sensed a presence I hadn't sensed in around eleven years. When I went into the cave and saw what they were seeing, I immediately was alarmed. I knew that Gaea was taking an attempt to try and destroy the Olympians, but I stayed in the shadows, and made sure to keep an eye on this imposter. When I saw you all were going to turn him into an Olympian, I didn't know how to stop it, but I had the feeling that the fake copy of me couldn't be turned into an Olympian anyway. When everybody was being held to the floor, I simply stopped being invisible and blocked the attack."

Every god and goddess looked at him, stunned. I couldn't help but do that too. Twelve years had certainly turned him into a different person. Father spoke up and asked "How did you turn invisible?" Perseus simply looked at him and said "One of my adventures, not worth explaining." My father simply nodded. Poseidon asked him "When yo- I mean the imposter jumped into the water or lake, all of the sea and oceans felt the presence and thought it was you. Can you explain that?" Perseus nodded and said "Gaea somehow managed to get my blood sample, if I had to guess, it was from that stupid nosebleed that woke her the first time. Anyways, she copied the blood and put it in the fake version of me, so when it jumped in, the seas thought it was really me." Poseidon nodded. Then Athena asked the most groundbreaking question that none of us could every theorize on. "One day, when Artemis brought the fake to the Council, it swore on the River Styx that what it told Artemis and the Hunters was true about Annabeth." Perseus, to our surprise, answered without hesitation "And that actually leads us into the next problem. Queen Dirt Face managed to gain control of Lady Styx." All of our eyes widened.

After looking at us, he said "Yeah, I know, not good. By the way, that reminds me of the Underworld with the whole Annabeth being in the Fields of Punishment, Gaea was creating a powerful Mist, Annabeth never went to the Fields of Punishment." We all realized what he was talking about, and were surprised he had so many answers. "But back to the fact Gaea gained control of Lady Styx, I'm pretty sure when you all just killed her, I'm positive that she lost control of her and fell back into slumber. All the rest of your questions are probably answered by the same answer: Gaea's doing." We all nodded at the Prince of the Seas. Something occurred to me. "How do we know that you aren't another fake that Gaea created to trick us?" I asked suspiciously. I got a few dirty looks from the other Olympians, but - "Hey Lords and Ladies, don't give Lady Artemis those looks, she has the right to be suspicious. Lady Artemis, if I was an imposter, to you really think I would have been able to tell the story so easily without hesitations?" He asked, looking at me. I ran it through my mind, and it occurred to me that he was right. No fake could possibly lie about such events with Apollo noticing, even Gaea wouldn't be able to stop Apollo from detecting a lie. I nodded.

He said "Well, I believe that that's the end of our discussion. I'm extremely tired, and I believe you guys made a palace as a surprise for the imposter?" We all blushed and nodded. We had all put something special into the making of the palace, so it was a little bit disappointing we didn't get to surprise him at all. "Well, I believe I will be taking my leave now." and he walked out.

All I could think that this had been one crazy day.

1135 words.

AN: Hey viewers. I apologize for this chapter being so short and taking so long to come out. I had to plot out a lot of things to explain a lot of the things said in previous chapters to make sense. If I missed anything crucial, please forgive me, I just wanted to get this chapter out to you all. Thank you for all the reviews / comments I am receiving, I am hoping this story will grow to be very popular so that a lot of people can see what I am putting a lot of hard work and effort into. Now about this chapter, normally I would have made it longer, but it was more of an explanation and a sugarcoat for the plot twist, because I didn't realize how hard it actually is to pull off a successful plot twist and not have the story not make sense because of it. Trust me, learning experience. Anyhow, I will begin working on the next Chapter, and I hope to have it published around a week from now. Enough of my rambling, I will see you all soon.