Chapter 12 - The Fall of the son of the Underworld

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake

When the Lord of Godhood Rises in Power

The First One Shall Fall Off the Tower

And Gain the Rightful Place Shall he

Though Fall Shall the one he calls Arty."

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO or HoO.

Chapter 12

The Fall of the son of the Underworld

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"I woke up the next morning and I went to wake up Skylar, and knocked on his tent door. After ten minutes of waiting, I finally went inside to find out he was gone."

*Currently*

*Artemis' POV*

'You have to be kidding me!' I cursed mentally. The hunt and I had already began searching for the missing god but he was nowhere to be found. We had been searching for a good few hours now and we had already completely scaled out the area and had moved on from there to find no trace of him. How he had suddenly disappeared was beyond me, but I was determined to find him.

Suddenly we heard a twig snap from our left, and a minute later we were fighting a rather large group of monsters. I was firing arrow after arrow until finally the monsters were dead. After the attack, we kept pushing forward looking for our lost friend. We were in the middle of a clearing of trees when we found him, sitting there, cross legged, eating an apple. We immediately moved forward towards him when he turned around and seemed surprised to see us. "Darn, you really came all this way to find me? You do know I was planning on coming back, right?" Skylar said. I simply walked over and smacked up upside the head and pulled him to his feet. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel my face heat up as he slowly, but noticeably reluctantly, backed up. "Well, uhm, so are you gonna continue to travel with us?" I asked nervously, trying to forget what just happened. He shrugged his shoulders and said "For a little while at least, maybe another week or so." I nodded my head in recognition.

The week went by pretty fast, and before we knew it he was packed and saying his goodbyes before he flashed out. I just shook my head sadly. I knew it would most likely be awhile before our friend even got near the hunt. The girls had been pretty rough to him behind Thalia's back, their respect towards him seemingly forgotten. It was clear he had been eager to leave but not break his word of when he'd leave. I wasn't happy with my hunters for their decisions, but I couldn't blame them, even though he was an Olympian, he was still a male, exactly what my hunters hated.

*Skylar's POV*

As I flashed out I saw the guilty look on Artemis' face as she probably knew how the hunter's had been treating me. It was expected of course, I knew their respect towards me wasn't going to last forever, but I had hoped it would last during the time I had been staying there. Of course it didn't, because the Fates hated me, even though they had made me super powerful. Probably because it would benefit them in the near future. As I arrived at the camp, the Hermes cabin shouted in surprise. I had teleported right in the middle of their table during breakfast. I chuckled and got down and headed up to the leader's table, I guess you could call it. The head table? As I got up there Chiron greeted me with a smile. "Hello my boy." he said to me and I smiled. He then asked "So how was your time with the hunter's?" I simply groaned and he let out a laugh. "Trust me, getting hung by your feet upside down is NOT the most fun thing to do." I said. He just laughed again. "I'm assuming you're not planning on going back there for awhile." I quickly shook my head no. I then proceeded in eating some pancakes before heading to the arena to train.