Chapter 16 - Awkward Date

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake

When the Lord of Godhood Rises in Power

The First One Shall Fall Off the Tower

And Gain the Rightful Place Shall he

Though Fall Shall the one he calls Arty."

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO or HoO, Uncle Rick does. (Rick Riordan)

Chapter 16

Awkward Date

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"Oh gods. Apollo. 'Crap.'"

*Currently*

*Percy's POV*

Of course Apollo had to be standing right there. It was over. My immortal life was going to end with me in an eternal coma. That's fun. I found myself at Apollo's temple as he chewed Artemis and I out for falling asleep together. Listen, alright, it wasn't intentional. I had just been living my normal life, hanging out with her, you know, and we had been comfortable, and all of a sudden I was asleep. Yeah, I know that the main thoughtline about this "You're an idiot, you should be more worried about Artemis killing you." No, I really shouldn't, seeing as she was busy blushing and not responding to Apollo, occasionally sending him a murderous look. Yep. It was great.

I was sitting on a golden couch in Apollo's golden temple, one leg up over the other. Was I in a good mood? Half way. I wanted to just tell Apollo to shut up and take Artemis and leave but I knew better. I had to do my best to act respectful because Apollo could screw my life up. Also, if he didn't like the idea of Artemis and I, then I could be in trouble. He had strong influence. Didn't change the fact I wanted to strangle him, of course. Tried not to let that show however.

Apollo was in the middle of ranting about how these weren't good times because the literal creator of the universe was plotting to kill us all, and that becoming really good friends and slacking off could be very dangerous in the war. Of course he was right, he definitely wasn't wrong, but it didn't change the fact I knew he didn't give two craps about the war. He really only cared about the fact Artemis and I had fallen asleep together and he didn't want that happening again. Sighing as he continued his rant, he stopped and glared at me before saying "Don't sigh at me! You fell asleep with my baby sister-" He was cut off as he got decked across the face by Artemis.

I actually winced at that. If that didn't hurt I'll be darned, because that was a serious punch. He held his jaw as I smirked and held a hand up for Artemis to high five, and she obliged. We both turned back to Apollo, smirking as he sent an angry glare towards the both of us. "Fine, when you two end up dying in the war because you were too busy being friends, don't blame me!" We were thrown out of his temple, and I stood up, brushing my clothes off as Artemis turned to me. I stood there awkwardly before asking "So.. are we gonna talk about last night?" I asked and she shook her head and I muttered "Okay, not gonna talk about last night."

We made our way down to one of the restaurants on Olympus. Olympus actually had really good restaurants that served a mix of ancient food and also modern food. They were awesome looking restaurants, some looking modern, others looking more ancient, like back in the days of greek cities or civilizations. We went to a modern place and I just ordered a burger and some fries, nothing over the top. Artemis got the same thing as me, which kind of surprised me. It didn't dawn on me until I was in the middle of eating my burger- did I mention this place had fast service?- that I realized technically Artemis and I were on a date. I pushed that thought out of my head.

I began working on my fries after I ate my burger, and Artemis was still eating away at her burger. I noted that she was a slow eater, for in the future if I ever decided to throw a party or something special for her, I knew that she was not the fastest eater in the world. I finished my fries, and I looked back up. She was still eating her burger, only half way through. I mentally sighed and for the rest of the time I watched her eat.. I would've told her to take her time, like genuinely saying that since she noticed and tried to pick up the pace but it would come out rudely, which I was definitely not going for. I stretched a bit, letting my mind wander to the previous night. I hadn't thought about it much, but I wondered if Artemis found me comfortable.

I shivered at my own thoughts, which of course Artemis noticed as she gave me a look. I wasn't exactly, ah, amused. I forgot she was a big time hunter and could pretty much notice anything. She had the eyes of a hawk. She's the type of person that would suck to have as a teacher- not only because she's pretty strict if she wants to be, but she could see literally everything you do. When you're trying to get away with not paying attention or playing around in class, you probably know the feeling of dealing with a hawk-eyed teacher.

Artemis was onto her fries now, which I was grateful for. This 'date' was turning into the two of us awkwardly staring at each other because we didn't know what to say. Apollo chewing us out had made the situation awkward, even though in the end she just socked him and gotten us kicked out. I didn't really mind getting kicked out of his temple. Most of the time I was there it wasn't anything good. Artemis finished her fries pretty quick, and we headed out of the restaurant. She said "I'll see you later, ocean boy." And gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked off in the direction of her temple. I stood there like an idiot, smiling as I slowly brought my hand up to my cheek where she had kissed me.

I shook myself out of it and teleported under the ocean, bored. I didn't really feel like doing anything, so I just sat at the bottom of the ocean, making the area light up so I could watch the fish and stuff around me. After a while my eyes started to get heavy and I laid back, and slowly fell asleep, slipping into the realm of Morpheus.

1052 Words.

AN: Sorry this chapter is shorter. Just wrote another chapter for Percy Jackson - Reborn today and it's later so I was lazy, but figured you guys would want an update since the whole thing with Apollo happened. Also because 'Winterflare' threatened to roundhouse kick me in the face if I didn't update so, yeah. I'm going to be updating Percy Jackson - Reborn more often and it's kicked off officially so I recommend checking it out. I'd say it's got a better setup than this story, and is going to turn out good. Yes, I'm going to advertise Percy Jackson - Reborn because I actually really like what I've done with it so far. Now, I'm off to go chill out on my discord server so see you guys in the next chapter!