Chapter 6 - The Reveal

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake"

Chapter 6

The Reveal

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"There was one thing I knew for sure. This prophecy was not going to be a walk in the park."

*Currently*

*Third Person POV*

The gods of Olympus where in their throne room, talking and discussing an important topic: Percy Jackson was not acting like himself, not even a depressed version of himself. He was beyond the passage of different, and were trying to figure out the best way to get him back his normal self. Eventually they just started talking among themselves about stupid topics. What they didn't know, however, is that they're doom was being plotted right under their noses, undetected. Their demise was close, and she was restless. She did not wait so long to just end up in the same position again, and she would not let it stand. She would get revenge. And once she's started, she cannot be stopped. Or can she?

*Artemis' POV*

Another meeting, as per usual. It's been a few months since my hunters and I found Percy Jackson. We'd been working together, making eachother better at combat. I took enough time off of my hunter's to help him get back in better shape. He's been slowly but surely getting better. I haven't let anyone forget that I found him, and that nothing is impossible for me to find.

This meeting was just practically about nothing, all the other gods were just talking about random stuff, while I sat here, sitting, kind of bored. I was just talking to Percy, and I noticed something was different. He seemed weirder than usual. He looks as if he's concentrating on something. And also, something feels off. I just can't place my arrow on it, but I shook it off. No need to be worrying about something that is probably nothing at all.

I zoned into the meeting when my father cleared his throat. Everyone turned their attention to him. He spoke in his thousands of years old voice "I propose that we make Percy an Olympian. He clearly deserves it, after, er, recent events." Everyone's eyes flew to Percy. He smiled a smile that unsettled me a little bit. "I would be honored." That surprised everybody, because we thought that he didn't want more power, but apparently, he's changed his mind.

"Well, let's begin the process." my father said, clearly surprised. All of the Olympians stood around him, and we were all about to blast him with our powers to turn him into an Olympian, when suddenly, a bunch of vines grew around at the speed of light and pulled us down.

We all cried out, trying to escape. But it was useless. We all looked up at Percy, who's eyes had turned solid green, pupil and everything. His eyes glowed a grass green, and suddenly, I realized what happened. We walked right into her trap, it must have been her who set this up. That wasn't the real Percy. In our happiness and celebration of getting the son of Poseidon back, we failed to notice that the difference between him and what he was like eleven years ago was too big to be him. Something else occured to me. I wanted to slap myself for my stupidity. Even a demigod couldn't sit on a log for ten to eleven years straight without moving or stretching. They'd have to relearn how to walk and how to move their body, or even think for the matter.

He spoke in a voice that we knew too well, the voice we hadn't heard in eleven years. "You fools. You really think that I would just fall asleep that easily? That I wouldn't have a backup plan? Your failure will be my success. Your ignorance is the cause of your demise. You should have realized that this Percy Jackson is fake. All I need to wake up to my full power is the fading of an Olympian." He - no, she looked at me. "And you will be the one to wake me."

I cried out and struggled against my bonds. It was useless. The man I thought was Percy Jackson approached me. A sword made of dirt had formed in his hand, but I knew it would still make me fade, the power of Gaea was unstoppable. He raised it above his head, my father yelling, trying to break free of his bonds, when he brought the sword down. I looked away, with my eyes closed shut. But the blow never came. I looked up, and there he was, with Riptide in his hand, a look of determination in his eyes.

Percy Jackson had saved me.

He had intercepted the blade just in time. He pushed Gaea back, and she staggered. She looked at him in anger and hate. "You!" she screamed in anger. "You will suffer my wrath for what you have done!" She lunged forward at him, but he blocked it with ease, almost as if he wasn't trying. Suddenly, a cloud of fire surrounded him, lightning, water, and wind also. He spoke in a voice of deep power "Well, great grandmother, I must say, your decoy did a good job of tricking the Olympians, but you should've realized I would not simply leave Olympus without keeping a clear eye on it. They are not the fools. You are the fool." She lunged at him the same time he did her, and they're blades intercepted. The elements surrounding the son of Poseidon exploded outwards, freeing us of our bonds, and blasting Gaea back.

All of us gods summoned our symbols of power at the same time Percy readied Riptide with power, we all put as much power into our weapons when we blasted Gaea. With a final scream, she was defeated, for good this time, I hoped. We all turned our eyes to the real Percy Jackson. His eyes held amusement. "Hello."

Even before my father and uncles could react, I had him crushed in a hug. He was trying to tell me that he could barely breathe, but I held onto him tight, thanking him over and over again. When my father finally peeled me off of him, I started blushing, having realized what I just did. But I did something else that I might regret. I gave the son of Poseidon a kiss on the cheek, as a final thanks, before walking to stand with Athena.

She smirked at me, seeing my current beet red blush. "Somebody's happy." she said. "Well, he just saved me from fading, so it was only right that I returned the favor." She raised her eyebrows, but didn't say anything. We looked back at our father and uncles, whom had just finished crushing Percy in a hug. Hypocrite! My father looked at Percy and said "You have some serious explaining to do, young man."

1110 words.