Chapter 13 - The Earthquake

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake

When the Lord of Godhood Rises in Power

The First One Shall Fall Off the Tower

And Gain the Rightful Place Shall he

Though Fall Shall the one he calls Arty."

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO or HoO.

Chapter 13

The Earthquake

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"Nico was the best son he could possibly ask for. However, it was when Olympus started shaking that we knew something was happening."

*Currently*

*Percy's POV*

As Olympus shook below me, I frantically looked around and yelled "Go! Get out of here!" My fellow Olympians ran out the doors and I followed closely behind them. As it was shaking, the Olympians began to flash away except for Artemis, who got knocked to the ground. Quickly running up and pulling her up, I frowned, finding myself unable to flash away. Mirroring my expression, Artemis said "Uh.. are you able to teleport?" I shook my head.

Another massive earthquake hit Olympus and we tumbled to the edge. Falling off, I managed to catch myself and her. I was dangling by one hand on the edge, and one hand grasping hers. "Skyl--" "It's Percy, just Percy." Suddenly yanking her up, I was able to hold her around her waist as we dangled. She tried to reach for it but failed.

My hand started to slip, and with the last of my strength I threw her up on top. My hand slipped and just as I was about to fall to the Earth below, she grabbed my hand and started to pull me up. As I was getting pulled up, I saw a terrifying sight below: Horrible giants with dragon like scales marching around New York towards Olympus. Once I was up, we ran. The streets were chaotic, people everywhere trying to escape. Suddenly a giant jumped on top of Olympus out of nowhere, and I grew to my godly height along with Artemis.

I summoned Riptide and Artemis summoned her hunting knives, and together we charged the terrible beast. It slashed down with a demonic sword at me and I parried, Artemis getting a shot into its side. Howling, it smacked Artemis back into a couple of buildings and I quickly fought back at it, slowly pushing it towards the edge.

Getting knocked to the ground, I was just about to stab my sword upwards as Artemis barged into the beast and knocked it off Olympus. She outstretched her hand which I quickly took and got up, our face just inches apart. Blushing, we stepped apart, completely forgetting what was happening, when a few more giants jumped onto the solid ground that was Olympus.

"Crap, we can't keep fighting these, we'll get killed." I said to Artemis. She looked at me, her beautiful silver eyes locking with mine. "Then we die together." she whispered to me. Facing the giants, we ran at them, only to have someone behind us yell "Duck!" Grabbing Artemis' hand, I pulled her to the ground as something flew overhead and knocked a giant off, followed by several others. Getting up, I saw my fellow Olympians in their war chariots, circling around.

Grinning, I yelled "About time you showed up! I was just starting to think you left us!" I was able to see my father grinning, and it was about that time I noticed Artemis blushing at me. Confused, I realized we were still holding hands from when I pulled her up. Blushing now too, though I did my best to hide it, I let go and turned away. Speaking behind me, she said "Percy, we need to go down to the ground and fight them off."