Chapter 5 - I Hate Prophecies

AN: Hey guys, it's LucasDB39 here and I am proud to present to you the fifth Chapter of When the Arrow Flies. In this Chapter, some pretty big things will happen. Those people who don't want me to rush Percy getting back to his normal strength, don't worry, I'm not. These first few Chapters are just setting the stage for the story and for what is to come in the upcoming Chapters. Trust me, it will take some time for Percy to get his strength back, and I will be honest here, there will be quite a few time skips. I know none of you want to read about how him working out; sure, I am going to show how he'll be working out, but I am not going to bore you with him actually working out. Anyhow, as normal, I've been rambling for about ten minutes now. Enjoy the Chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story currently, I will tell you if I make characters that aren't in the original story, but I do not own any of these characters and I do not own the Percy Jackson series, all rights and credits to Rick Riordan. Enjoy the Chapter!

Chapter 5

I Hate Prophecies

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"'I don't have my sword anymore. Riptide is back at my mother's old apartment, struck into the floor, where I can get it only if I move on from my old life."

*Currently*

*Artemis' POV*

"Well.. that's problematic." I said awkwardly. If he didn't have his sword.. he couldn't be Percy Jackson. We needed to somehow get it ba-- "I don't want my sword back anyways. I don't want to be the old Percy Jackson." he said, and we all stared at him, confused. He had just been saying earlier about how he wanted to be Percy Jackson again, and here he was, throwing that out like yesterday's trash. "I want to be a new Percy Jackson, not the old, weak one. Reverting back to the old ways will only give me back my fatal flaw, which resulted in eleven years worth of misery." he stated, not sounding like he cared whatsoever. I was about to talk again, when my brother suddenly lurched forward in his throne.

We all cried out in alarm, until he started to speak, with green eyes, green, smokey snakes coming out of his mouth.

"The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One's Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake"

His eyes returned to normal and he fell backwards into his throne. "Well, that's interesting." is all Percy had to offer. We all looked to Athena, who said "I'm honestly not sure. There is some parts that I have speculations, but they are doubtful." That made us all stare at her in shock and worry. If Athena couldn't figure out at least some of the meaning of it, then that means this'll be a huge problem. That's when Percy piped up "Have I ever mentioned how much I hate prophecies?" A few gods snickered at that. I had to agree with their unspoken thoughts, that we could all relate to that.

AN: Guys, we all know Athena could probably figure out half of this prophecy, but for the sake of the story, I am not going to be giving away the prophecy, because I want to make it a surprise and more enjoyable than blasting away the future of the story. Anyways, back to the story.

It was quite clear to me we were all confused and worried. We all knew that this could be really bad, and there was nothing we could do if we couldn't figure out the prophecy. I looked at Percy, and, as normal now, had an emotionless expression. I wondered if 'The Broken One' was Percy, because he was broken after all. Well, I suppose that we'll find out sooner or later, as much as I didn't like it. That's when Poseidon spoke up "If we don't even know a slight part of the prophecy, how are we supposed to prepare for what's to come? I'd say we all have ideas, but you can't be sure with prophecies; especially when you don't understand a thing about them." Some gods nodded their head in agreement, while others just stared off into the distance, their own ideas circling their heads.

There was one thing I knew for sure. This prophecy was not going to be a walk in the park.

AN: Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated the story in a long time! (School work) I am also sorry that this Chapter is so short, I just wanted you guys to at least have something to read. Hope you like the prophecy. See you in the next Chapter!