Love Knows No Gender

Only You - A WenSeulRene Fanfic
Chapter 5

Seulgi is alone in her room. Sitting on her side of the bed. Her arms are wrapped around her legs and her face is placed resting on her knees. Her roommate Wendy entered the room.

Wendy: Yah! What are you doing?
Seulgi: Nothing... just thinking...

Seulgi said without even looking at Wendy. Wendy sat down next to her and put her hand on Seulgi's shoulder.

Wendy: You do know that you can tell me anything, right?
Seulgi: Right
Wendy: So come on... tell me

Seulgi sighed then decided to tell Wendy what's going on in her head

Seulgi: You know, I've been thinking about lately...
Wendy: What?
Seulgi: About my... my...

Seulgi paused for a little bit to look at Wendy's reaction. She's curious of how she would react. She hesitated for a while but she knows Wendy can be trusted. She's been with her through thick and thin. She won't be disgusted whatsoever. To her, she's more than just a member, she's a great friend, her forever friend, more like a sister. She's the best best friend she ever had. She knows Wendy will support her whatever it is.

"About my sexuality" Seulgi finally blurted out. Wendy widened her eyes in shock. Seulgi still waiting for her to speak. Wendy was just frozen in her seat. It's like the world stopped moving. In her head, she suddenly had her hopes up that Seulgi feels the same way about her. That she's also inlove with her.

Seulgi: Yah! Please say something... I've been having these thoughts because of Juhyun unnie.

Wendy was so shocked that she didn't notice her mouth went wide open as she heard Irene's name. That's it. That's when her world crashed. Her heart broke into millions of pieces. "Juhyun unnie~ Juhyun unnie~ Juhyun unnie" her name kept repeating in her head

Seulgi shook her head trying to erase her feelings but she knows she can't.

"I know, I shouldn't. But... I think... I think I'm inlove with her"

Seulgi confessed still looking at Wendy who's now lost for words but deep inside she's hurting. She's badly hurt. She's devastated. She didn't know what to say because she is inlove with Seulgi a long time ago and she's sure of that. She just can't find the words to say to someone she loves who is now telling her she's inlove with someone else. The other day, she was just thinking about how will she able to confess her feelings for Seulgi, but now this situation... this happened.

Wendy finally said something "You know what?" Wendy held Seulgi's both hands. "Love knows no gender. You said you've been thinking about this and I can see that... You shouldn't think about anything else. If you think you will be happy, go for it! Always choose to be happy" Wendy didn't realize that tears came out of her eyes

Seulgi saw this and asked "What? Why? Why are you crying?" Seulgi quickly wiped her tears and hugged her. Wendy hugged her back so tightly thinking to herself "Why Seulgi why? I want you to be happy but why does this hurt so much?" Tears continue to fall

Seulgi then broke the hug and faced Wendy

"Why are you crying?" Seulgi said while wiping Wendy's tears again "It's nothing... it's because I'm happy for you. For the both of you. So, yeah. Tears of joy" Wendy lied. She smiled half-heartedly. She knows that's lame. Yes, she's the worst liar when it comes to this. Inside her head she's thinking how can she be so happy? She loves Seulgi to death. And just imagining her with anybody else kills her. And what's worse is that she's inlove with Irene, their leader. A friend she's known for so long. A friend she loves. A friend she respects. She's not just anybody else.

"So, do you think I should confess to Juhyun unnie?" Seulgi said that made Wendy come back to reality from her deep thinking

Wendy: No. Not yet. Not until you make sure that she feels the same way
Seulgi: Ohhh... And how would I know that?
Wendy: By just observing her. You need to observe her reactions when same-sex relationships come into the picture. You do know that this kind of relationship isn't... isn't you know... kind of normal right? Do you know what I'm saying?
Seulgi: Yes I understand
Wendy: For now, you need to know what's her stand about this. Then you'll proceed to knowing her feelings for you. If she feels the same way or not
Seulgi: Ohh arasso. I'm scared Seungwan-ah... I'm so scared. What if she doesn't love me back? What if she starts to hate me? What will happen to us? What will happen to the group? What if it gets awkward?

"Come here..." Wendy pulled Seulgi in a tight hug trying to comfort her "You can do this, I'll always be here." Tears are about to fall but she held it. She tried so hard not to show Seulgi how much it really hurts

A/N: Annyeong! I know I know... this chapter is heart-breaking. It hurts me too. And also, I cut it in half so the continuation is on the next chapter. Keep reading! Kamsahamnida! Comments are welcome~