Give Us A Break (Part Two) - Chapter Ten

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Y/N] POV

Attempt #1

We all made our way to the training deck and stood in a circle, I stood in between Keith and Pidge.

"Two, two, one, two." Coran says on the mic. "Okay, listen up, guys. The paladin code demands you put your team members' safety above your own. A swarm of drones is about to attack. Its up to each of you to do everything you can to protect the other members of your team."

A bunch of drones flew from the ceiling, circling us. We all put our shields up as they started to fire. Hunk ducked causing Pidge to be shot in the back, she then disappeared down a hole. Hunk got shot soon after, and the last of us backed into each other as Coran increased the intensity of the drones. I kept up with them hoping everyone else was too.

"You keeping up over there, Keith?" Lance asked.

"Just concentrate on keeping me safe." Keith snapped.

"Me? I own this drill. You're the one who needs to concentrate." Lance scoffed. The drones flew down to ankle level and shot at Lance. He dodged it but Keith got shot instead. Lance freaked out trying to cover Shiro and got shot as well. Shiro went out after that and the drones stopped firing at me. But they made a loud busing sound.

"Oh, please, dear God, no!" I shouted as I pulled out my Bayards, activated them and used them to cover me. I soon got tired. "Can't you just... turn it off?" I breathed, Coran shook his head. I put my shield down and let them shoot me as I also fell down a hole.

Attempt #2

Coran then tried a maze. I was in it, with Shiro as my guide.

"To form Voltron, you must trust in each other. This ancient paladin maze will teach you that trust. Your teammate can see the wall, but you cannot. So, listen carefully. If you touch the walls, you'll get a slight shock." Coran explained.

"I love mazes! It's made for people to get lost in, and I am super good at getting lost!" I shouted proudly. Shiro sighed before directing me through the maze, I made to the end with out getting electrocuted.

Then Lance went in and Keith guided him.

"Wait. Who's guiding me through?" Lance asked as he put his helmet on.

"Take two steps forward." Keith instructed, Lance groaned.

"Oh, no. Not Keith. Why does he get to be the man on the mic?" Lance whined.

"Now, just sit tight. You'll get your turn." Coran said.

"Like I said, take two steps forward, turn right, and take three steps that direction." Keith repeated. Lance turned and walked, getting himself electrocuted.

"You did that on purpose!" Lance yelled.

"You're not listening." Keith said, keeping his eyes on the map.

"You said, 'Turn right.'" Lance quoted.

"But before that, I said, 'Take two steps forward.'" Keith argued. Lance growled.

"Two steps--" he walked into the wall again. "We're switching places right now!"

Attempt #3

We all flew out of the castle in our lions again, in the same order we did the first time this morning.

"You'll never be able to form Voltron unless each of you has a strong bond with his... and her lion."