031. Learning to Play Tennis

The two guys went to the cafetaria to eat, and after that, because He Jin had the habit of napping, he went back to his dormitory for a while. At three o'clock, He Jin met up with Qin Yu downstairs while following Qin Yu's earlier advice to wear a jersey and some loose clothing.

Once downstairs, He Jin saw that Qin Yu had brought a racket with him. They did not say much and went straight to the tennis court.

Because of the popularity of the tennis team, the school invested heavily in tennis courts. The courts were divided into indoor and outdoor courts: one indoor, six outdoor, along with a training ground for novice players.

The weather was good that day, there were several pairs of students playing in the outdoor arena. When they saw Qin Yu, all of them immediately called out to him; some called him "Qin Ge", some said "seniors", while some others called out "vice president."

He Jin was surprised: "You are the Vice President of the Tennis Club?"

Qin Yu glanced around and waved at the students, while saying to He Jin: "That's just a casual title, actually I don't really have much work to do."

As Qin Yu was talking to He Jin, they were approached by a few freshman students, one of them asked curiously: "Qin Ge, who is this?"

Qin Yu patted He Jin's back softly, prompting him to take a little step forward, then said in a familiar tone: "He is He Jin, my friend."

His introductory words surprised He Jin once again, because he did not say "senior" or "someone from the student union", but said "friends" instead... Hearing the word "friend" really made He Jin feel somehow comfortable.

Those freshmen greeted him simultaneously, calling him Senior He Jin. Meanwhile, Qin Yu put aside the racket he was holding, and asked those students to watch it for them. He began swinging his arms, causing small cracking sounds to be heard from his joints: "How about we run two laps first to warm up?"

He Jin kept up with his pace while the two of them started jogging. Qin Yu asked him as they ran: "Do you normally exercise?"

He Jin shook his head. Hua University required its freshmen to do a morning run every day during the first semester, however it was no longer mandatory starting from the second semester. At first, He Jin maintained this habit and ran once in a while with Tong Xuan before breakfast, but with time, he slowly forget to do this until finally he stopped exercising completely.

After only a while, He Jin had begun to gasp; and after doing two laps, he directly fall to his knees, his body bowing slightly.

On the other hand, Qin Yu's face did not even show any sign of tiredness. He did some more stretching movements while criticizing He Jin at the same time: "You can't be like this ah. No wonder you got a fever just because of a little rain, and you are also so sensitive to cold. After this, I'll accompany you to do some running every night, just 15 minutes is enough, it can relieve some pressure in your body, help you to sleep, and also enhance your physique."

He Jin gasped, Qin Yu's proposal was good; he also thought he couldn't go on like this.

Slowly, He Jin felt his whole body warmed a lot. Qin Yu handed a racket to him: "Is the weight OK?"

He Jin held the racket in both hands and commented: "Heavy!"

Qin Yu chuckled, "The one I gave you is fairly light." Then he took his own racket to compare.

He Jin's eyes widened: "This is heavier! Why?"

"Beginner's rackets should not be overweight. This is the racket I bought when I first started playing tennis, it's relatively good to use in matches compared to some others. I found it yesterday, and wrapped it with a new sweatband..." Qin Yu turned to look at the racket in He Jin's hold, and then exclaimed in surprise, "How are your hands so small?" pretending like he had only just noticed...