Smile for Me-Prologue

• Dedicated to Naralled

I’m Angel Uchida. I was studying at East and West Academy when I met Dylan Peterson.

I got in to trouble one time when I praised a classmate of mine how pretty she was in private. My friends saw that conversation and jumped to the conclusion that I was homo and that I was courting Jane because they didn’t see nor hear the whole conversation. The rumor was spread by my friends themselves. When we came back to our room, people were staring at us, whispering. So we were like, “What happened?” but no one’s answering. I tried to approach my friends but they looked at me as if they were disgusted at me. I tried approaching Jane again but being embarrassed in front of everybody just shut her down socially. Few days after that happened Jane wasn’t attending classes anymore, and when Jane started to miss our classes, our home room teacher told us that Jane transferred back to South Korea because of personal problems. I felt that I was responsible for why she left. I have thought of it for a day. I knew I should do something to at least show them that I wasn’t homo and to remind myself that it was all just a misunderstanding. That’s when I met Dylan.

He’s a nice guy, we even became best friends. But something I never anticipated, happened. I fell in love… with my best friend.