seventeen.

Reddie

I stood awkwardly outside the front door of the Kaspbrak residents, my knuckles still tingling from just bashing them against the harsh wood. The flowers rested carefully in my grasp as I waited for someone to answer. Tapping my toe impatiently I started to question if anyone was even in but as if someone was reading my thoughts the door swung open and there stood Mrs. K.

"I am so sorry to disturb you, Mrs. K but I came here today to apologise to Eddie and yourself. I should have known taking him to such a dangerous place was not good for him and stopped him from entering." I presented Mrs. K with the flowers and sugarcoated my apology, an innocent smile playing on my lips.

"I accept your apology and I am thankful for the flowers. Nowadays you rarely find kind youngsters like yourself." She gave me a genuine smile which warmed my heart, knowing I was getting somewhere.

"Would it be alright if I saw Eddie? Just to see if he is alright." I asked, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Of course. He is in his room, second door on the left." Mrs. K opened the door wider for me and let me into the cosy home.

"Thank you." I smiled again at the woman and wondered down the hall until I found the correct room. Slowly lifting my arm I placed a light knock on the door before wandering in. I found the boy hunch over his desk reading a book and at the sound of my entrance he jumped up in shock before quickly covering his broken arm.

"Hey, Lilly. What are you doing here?" He twisted his body around to see me, smiling to himself about finally having a visitor.

"Came to check up on you. Why are you hiding your arm?" I step closer to the seated boy and watch as his face drops, fear creeping in.

"It's nothing." He mumbled. Ripping the paper off his cast I am met with the sickly white material with 'LOSER' wrote neatly over it.

"Who did this?" I demand, grasping his arm to get a better look. I notice him flinch slightly before turning his head away in hopes to avoid the question. "Who did this, Eddie?" I applied a small amount of pressure on his wrist to show I was not messing around.

"Greta." He finally spat out, the name tasting vile both our mouths.

"Fucking bitch." I grab a red marker off his desk and tap it against my cheek, thinking of a way to change the obviously mean comment. Snapping off the lid to the marker I draw a 'V' over the 'S', changing it to 'LOVER'. "That's better."

"Thank you." Eddie stood up and gave me a small friendly hug. "What happened after I left?"

"We all, well minus Mike and myself, got into an argument and it did not end well. Bill wanted to go back into Neibolt and Richie brought up Georgie saying he was dead."

"Shit, how did Bill react?" Eddie sat back on his chair as I sat on the edge of his bed.

"He punched Richie." I replied sorrowfully. "Are you going to Stan's bah mitzvah?"

"No, I did not know if anyone else was." I chuckled at his sudden nervousness.

"It is tomorrow. Please tell me I will see you there." I pleaded. After thinking for a while he finally nodded a yes. "Great, then I will see you tomorrow."

•∆•

The bright sunlight streamed through the small gap in my curtains as I slipped on my dress. Grabbing an apple for breakfast I walked out the door and headed straight to Stanley's house.

"Hello." I greeted Stanley and Mr. Uris, the two just leaving their house.

"You must be Lillian, Stanley's girlfriend. It is so nice to finally meet you." Mr. Uris approached me and shook my hand.

"It is nice to finally meet you too, sir." I smile at him before quickly wandering over to Stanley and hugging him tightly.

"You nervous?" I ask as we both sit backseat in the car.

"A little." He replied, holding my hand and squeezing it. The car came to a stop and we all stepped out into the fresh outdoors before heading into the large building.

"If you want to take a seat here, I need to borrow Stanley to help him prepare." Mr. Uris smiled at me before leading Stanley away. I sat there nervously by myself for awhile before people started wandering in.

"Hey." A familiar voice mumbled. I glanced up and made eye contact with Eddie Kaspbrak.

"Hey, take a seat." I smile back. Soon everyone has arrived, Richie and his mother sitting on the other side of the room, and the ceremony begins.

"Becoming an adult isn't about being able to vote or being able to drink or drive." Stanley started saying, his father trying to grab the microphone off him. Eddie and I glanced at each other confused, neither knowing what Stanley was doing. "Becoming an adult, according to the holy scripture. Derry is learning not to give a shit." Stanley stormed off out the door and I quickly followed after him, trying not to laugh at Richie clapping.

"Stanley." I call out as I find him outside sitting on the steps. "I don't know whether to be proud or annoyed."

"Sorry." I took a seat next to him and placed a hand on his cheek, making him face me.

"It is not me you should be apologis-" He cut me off by placing his lips on mine, his tongue diving into my mouth. I hooked my leg over his and straddled his waist, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

"Get in there, Stan!" We pulled apart and both stared at Richie and Eddie who stood at the top of the stairs, Richie had his arm around Eddie's shoulders and Eddie stood there frozen with a blush coating his cheeks.

"I could say the same about you two." I winked at the boys, laughing at Eddie's bright red face as Richie tried to jokingly place a kiss on Eddie's cheek. "Reddie all the way!"

A/N Just a random filler chapter and yes I am a huge shipper of Reddie! 😂

Til next time,

- I x