twenty.

Only The Beginning

The sun beat down on us as the Losers Club and I sat around on logs, the long grass tickling my bare legs. Stanley and I sat next to each other, his arm around my waist and my head rested on his chest, listening to his heart beat. The final weeks of the summer holiday were wonderful, adventurous and full of great memories I shared with my friends. Poor Stanley had bandages wrapped around his head, the wounds almost healed but it was sure to scar.

"I only remember parts, but... I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us, saw us together, back in the cistern, but we were older... I mean our parents ages." Beverly recalled her memories of when she was entrapped in Pennywises curse, her eyebrows furrowing together in concentration.

"W-w-w-what were we all doing there?" Bill asked, leaning forwards slightly, eager.

"I just remembered how we felt, how scared we were, I don't think I can ever forget that." Beverly answered. We all stayed quiet for a moment, thinking, not knowing what to say or do.

"Swear, swear if IT isn't dead, if IT ever comes back, we'll come back too." Bill lept up, grabbing a share of glass from the ground. Beverly stood up next to him, smiling, the rest of us quickly followed. Raising the glass to his palm, Bill sliced it open until blood poured out. He moved to Richie next who hesitantly placed his palm out. Then it was Eddie's shot, Richie placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling at him through the slight pain. Bill then sliced open Mike's, then mine, then Stanley, Ben, and finally Beverly. Finally we placed our hands together, forming a circle, a promise.

"I gotta go... I hate you." Stanley broke the silence, glaring at Bill before bursting into a grin and laughing. "I'll see you later."

"I will catch up with you. I still have to say goodbye to Bev." I wave goodbye to him slightly. He nods his head with understanding before walking away.

"Good bye guys." Eddie smiled at us before wrapping his arms around Richie and bringing him into a tight embrace before walking away.

"See you later, loser." Mike smiled at us, waving as he wandered away.

"See you, Bill." Richie mumbled, starting to leave. I was happy the two had fixed their relationship, the tension was finally gone and we were all friends again.

"See you, Rich." Bill replied, smiling to the messy haired boy. After Richie left, it was just Ben, Beverly, Bill and I all sitting around.

"See you later." Ben broke our peaceful silence. He quickly embraced Beverly goodbye before getting up and leaving us.

"Goodbye, Ben." Beverly replied, a sorrowful smile play at her lips.

"I have to head home as well. I have to get ready to go to Stan's house for dinner." I grinned at the pair, bringing Beverly in for a hug. " I am going to miss you so much. Please, do not restate to call or write to me, okay?"

"I will miss you too, and the same to you. Call or write to me." Beverly giggled. I reluctantly pulled away and followed after the others who were long gone. The cool breeze swept through my hair, blowing it around my face. The tall grass tickling my legs as I walked. Many may think this is the end, that we killed a demonic clown and found the missing children, but to us, it was only the beginning.

A/N That is this fanfiction almost finished! Still have an epilogue for you guys.

Sorry about the short chapter.

Til next time,
- I x