iv. he's got heart eyes!

*

lucas pulled up into finn's driveway. he had visited the wolfhard's enough times to be considered their family, and this place had always felt like a second home to him ─ so why, as he got out of his car, did he feel like his heart was about to explode? it was only finn's house. he would show up there at the most random of times and finn's parents wouldn't have even cared less. what was so different this time?

he rattled with the set of different keys in his hand before he found the right one, walking to the front door and pushing the key into the lock. finn had given him the spare key to his house a long while ago, saying lucas was practically a member of the family. lucas smiled softly at the thought, remembering all he had gone through with the wolfhard's.

the front door unlocked and he stepped inside, already hearing faint chuckles from down the hall. he followed the sound, eventually arriving at the large kitchen as he was met with a giggling finn and bela, both hovering around the oven.

finn smiled brightly at lucas, his eyes glistening with pure joy. "lucas! you're here! thank god. please tell us you know how to preheat an oven," he said in feigned desperation, turning back to examine the functions on his steel black oven.

bela laughed, walking closer to lucas. "hey, nice to see you again," she said.

lucas' lips widened reflexively. "hey," he said. "um, i─"

"a-ha! bela, i did it!" finn exclaimed, throwing his hands up in joy. "i preheated an oven. what can't i do?"

lucas sighed, rolling his eyes in humor at finn. "when you asked me to come over to hang out with you two, i didn't think we would be baking," he said.

"it was an impromptu decision," bela replied.

finn nodded. "and i think baking is a great way to spend quality time with your parents," he commented.

lucas furrowed his brows lightly. "but your parents aren't even here," he said.

bela laughed softly and lucas noticed her eyes lighting up like constellations in the dark vastness of her pupils. he lowered his head shyly.

"i think he means we're his parents. y'know, how he does that thing where he refers to everyone as his mom," bela said, grinning as she shook her head.

finn flashed a toothy grin. "you're absolutely correct, mom. now let's put this soufflé in the oven!"

⁖*✧゚‿ ➶

finnwolfhardofficial posted a new photo!