Chapter 15: Sorting Things Out

Rory of course told Lane and Paris about her wonderful night with Logan, but no one else was the wiser. Rory messaged back and forth with Logan as often as she could. The rest of the school year flew by and Rory couldn't wait for the week after school ended. She was excited to see Colin, Logan, and Finn, but she was most excited that they would be just 20 minutes from Hartford. All three of them were going to Yale.
"Rory, I think we should talk." Lorelai said sitting on her bed next to her. "About what?" Rory asked. "Logan." Lorelai stated plainly. "What about Logan mom?" She said acting like she didn't know. "Rory, we've always been very open with eachother and here lately anytime Logan's name is brought up you act different, is there something going on there?" Lorelai asked bluntly. "Mom!" Rory exclaimed. "Rory!" Lorelai said back. "Okay maybe there is." Rory finally answered honestly. "Rory I thought you were smarter than that, Logan is a nice enough guy but you're to young to commit to him. You're also to young to be having sex but if you are having sex Rory you better be being safe." Lorelai told her a little harsher than she meant to. "Mom, I don't know if we're committed to eachother or not. We've just begun talking to eachother over the last 6 months. I will be safe I promise mom, but I really like Logan." Rory admitted. "Just be careful sweetie." Lorelai said as she started out of Rory's room. "Are you gonna tell daddy?" Rory asked innocently not wanting to let her dad down. "No, that's your job." Lorelai answered smiling and headed to the kitchen. Rory knew she needed to talk to Logan she had never felt like this before and she needed answers, did he feel the same, was she just another notch on his bed post, were they exclusive or not. She knew they needed to have the conversation as soon as he came home.

The day the guys came home Lorelai and Andrew threw the three of them a graduation and welcome to Yale party. All of their friends and family were there along with many Yale alumni as well. The Gilmore and McRae grandparents were there. Finns parents, sister, brother and grandmother were there. Logan's parents, sister and grandfather were there. Lane, Paris, Henry, and some other friends were also there. "Hey guys, I'm already over all these stuffy people, wanna form a sub party?" Colin asked joining, Rory, Paris, Lane and Henry. "It is about that time where no one will miss us." Rory laughed. "Okay Logan and Finn already headed to the pool house." Colin laughed as they all headed out the patio doors. They walked into the pool house and Logan saw Rory instantly his smile spread across his face, she loved when he smiled like that the corners of his eyes crinkling ever so softly. "Ace, I've missed you." He said walking over to her and immediately taking her in his arms kissing her deeply. "Logan that's still my baby sister." Colin said sounding slightly uncomfortable. "Colin, I'm not a baby any more I'm almost 17." Rory said after her and Logan had broke apart. "Besides mate it's nice not to see this one moping anymore." Finn laughed patting Logan on the back. "That's true." Colin agreed knowing he was going to let whatever was to happen happen. "I've missed you too." Rory whispered into Logan's ear seductively where no one else could hear her. "Lane Rory told me you recently joined a band?" Colin asked curiously. "Yeah, its just a small band we practice in Jess's moms garage. Dave, Zack, Bryan and I." Lane said noticing Henry tensing up. "Awe how is Jess?" Logan asked looking at Paris. "He's fine I guess, we broke up three months ago." Paris said bitterly. "Oh, I didn't know." Logan said.  "Hey we've got a friend who's about to go to Yale with us Robert, Robert, hmm Robert Something or another? He'd be a good match for you." Finn said earnestly. "No thank you I'm fine!" Paris answered and walked over to the drink cart to get herself a club soda.
After the sub party had settled a bit Rory pulled Logan to the side. "So that was a great kiss." She smiled. "Was it?" He asked jokingly. "Yeah it was, so what does this mean you being so open about us?" She asked bluntly. "Well I've never done the boyfriend thing but, you're special." He smiled his signature smile. "Like stop eating the paste special?" She asked slightly offended. "No, like girlfriend material special." He answered. "So, okay I'll do it." He laughed. "Do what?" She asked. "Be your boyfriend." He answered slightly amused. "What? You can't be my boyfriend." She said plainly. "Why, you got one hiding in your pocket Ace?" He jokingly asked. "No, you said your not a boyfriend." She answered firmly. "Well if I say I can I can." He said kissing her deeply. "Okay" she said with a smile bigger than any before.