Chapter 8: New Adventures

They got used to having baby Richie around fairly quickly and spent a lot of time playing with him. They both started the new school year meeting new friends. A boy in Rory's class Tristan Dugray, who was already friends with Paris became Rory's friend fairly quickly since they were all in the same class this year. Colin and Logan befriended a new kid from Australia Finn Morgan. Finn was eccentric and funny the class clown for sure. They all spent a lot of time at the McCrae house and all got to know eachother well. Rory and Finn became almost as close as her and Colin she seen him as another big brother. Tristan and Logan had a bit of a rivalry of sorts and butted heads quite often. Even with the common squallers they all became close and usually none of them were alone. Mrs. Kim was extremely strict but with the time that all of them spent in Stars Hollow Lane was one of them. After convincing Mrs. Kim that their house was safe and Lane would be taken care of Lorelai finally convinced her to let Lane come to Hartford from time to time. Before Lorelai and Andrew knew it Colin was 14, Rory 12 and Richie 6.  The hardware store eventually opened back up but it opened as a diner. So from time to time all the kids would head over and have lunch or a soda. Luke the owner didn't seem to like children much but Rory could swear that he was softer than he appeared. Luke's nephew Jess, who had just recently moved to Stars Hollow with his mom, spent a lot of time at the diner too and him and Rory became friends, they had a lot in common liking the same books and movies. Paris almost immediately took a liking to Jess. Logan and Tristan on the other hand had finally found common ground and both decided to hate Jess. Colin noticed this and felt very protective of his Sister realizing that boys were starting to notice his little sister. Logan, Colin and Finn started doing more of their own thing which involved getting into trouble at school and out. Rory and Paris stayed focused on their studies but still spent a lot of time with Lane who had discovered a true passion for music. Rory and Jess became really close and shared a lot of notes on books they were reading. Tristan had suddenly became popular and had distanced himself from the others. One day Rory and Colin came home from school and their mom and dad seemed very tense and upset. "Rory I think it best if you go to your room right now we will call you down after we talk to your brother." Andrew said firmly. "Umm okay." Rory said giving Colin a knowing look. She went up the stairs just enough that they couldn't see her anymore and sat to listen. "Colin what were you and the guys thinking? You went to fucking far this time. We have no choice but to go ahead and send you to boarding school." Andrew bellowed as Lorelai looked at Andrew in disbelief. "Andrew?" She said. "No, Lorelai there is no saving him this time. He is in 8th grade he knows better the three of them just had to vandalize the school." Andrew yelled. "I'm sorry it won't happen again I promise." Colin pleaded. "Colin, lately your grades have slipped and you act out more and more. You've already lost out on the chance for Chilton, honestly this might be the only way we can straighten you out. You're intelligent and can do better prove it to us and we will bring you home." Lorelai added firmly. "Why are you doing this you can't separate us that's not fair!" Rory stormed in screaming. "Rory don't start." Lorelai said. "Rory  honey this is what's best." Andrew added.