Chapter 7: Big Changes

A couple years down the road Rory was in Kindergarten and Colin in 2nd grade. Rory made friends with a girl named Paris almost immediately, Paris was a bit on the eccentric side, very high strung and somewhat angry. Also very goal oriented like Rory, as Rory already knew she wanted to go to Yale, Paris already knew she was going to go to Harvard. Rory and Colin were still very close and had even had playdates together with each others friends. Although Logan tended to pick on Rory at times they usually had a lot of fun. They found themselves spending as much time in Stars Hollow with Lorelai as they could, even Logan would at times tag along. Of course most of the time they would find their way to Lanes house to play. They all found Mrs. Kim a mix of funny and scary because she tended to be an angry woman. The hardware store closed down and it looked like they were making some changes to it before reopening. They all enjoyed the crazy town festivals and Logan was especially mesmerized by the man named Taylor. Both Colin and Rory were good at school and even enjoyed doing extra curriculars.
"Colin, Rory, can you come down here please?" They heard Andrew call up the stairs after work one day. "Yes daddy?" Asked Rory as she came down the stairs with Colin at her heels. "Sit down guys." Lorelai smiled. "We have an announcement to make." Andrew said happily. "You're going to have a little brother or sister." They said together. "Are you serious?" Colin asked. "Really?" Rory chimed in. "Yes, we are very serious." Lorelai laughed. "Yay!" Rory yelled. "That might be cool." Colin said in his reserved manner. Rory was quite excited about the baby and was ready for it to be born. Colin was a little excited but had become quite protective of his sister and didn't want to share her with another sibling. The next 8 months flew by in a fury. They had decided not to find out the sex and so all of them were anxious to see the new little McCrae. Lorelai went into labor in the middle of the night, Miranda living the closest to them headed over straight away to stay with the kids until morning and she would take them to the hospital in the morning. Emily, Richard, Eliza and Patrick were all already headed to the hospital. They arrived and Lorelai was already dilated to a 4. Twelve hours later they welcomed Richard Andrew McCrae (Richie). When the kids woke up Miranda had them get dressed and ready and took them to meet their baby brother. The kids immediately bonded with their baby brother. All of Colin's fears of sharing his sister instantly disappeared as he realized they would all be very close to eachother. The kids would be starting their first and third grade years just a few months later and life was looking bright.