Chapter 5: Moving Forward

It wasn't long before Rory and Colin had become best friends and were inseparable. At times Rory and Colin would go to Stars Hollow with Lorelai to the inn and run around and try to help, other times they would go to the office with Andrew and get spoiled by the secretaries and interns. When they didn't go with one of them they would stay with Emily or Andrews mom Eliza but wherever they were they were together. Before they knew it Lorelai and Andrew were closing in on a year together and Rory had turned three and Colin five. Mia the inn owner would often take them for walks through town with her when she needed to run errands. They may run by Doose's Market where a man named Taylor, who seemed to run the town, would greet them and the kids found him entertaining. Sometimes to Williams hardware to get something for the inns handy man. A nice man named William would sometimes give them a lollipop, his son Lucas, who was around Lorelai's age was usually kinda grumpy though. To Rory and Colin the best place was Kim's Antiques, Mia would usually spend more time here rather finding something for the inn or her house. Mrs. Kim had a daughter Rory's age and Rory and Colin would play with her, Lane quickly became Rory's second best friend. It soon became that at any time Rory and Colin weren't together Rory would be with Lane and Colin would be with his best friend Logan.

One night at dinner...

"Lorelai," Andrew said as they sat at the kitchen table at Andrews house. "Yes?" She asked as she looked up at him and noticed the kids were now standing at the side of the table. "What is going on?" She asked curiously. "Well the kids and I have been dying to ask you a question." He said smiling from ear to ear. "Umm okay ..." she said slightly confused. Just then she looked over at the kids who were now holding up a small banner. 'Can We Become A Family?' Lorelai looked back over at Andrew, who was now on one knee with a gorgeous princess cut engagement ring, with tears in her eyes. "Oh Andrew, I..." she started. "Lorelai, I am madly in love with you and I want nothing more than to make us a family, will you marry me?" He said with a glint of a tear in his eye. "Yes Andrew, definitely!" She smiled tears streaming down her cheeks. Both of the kids erupted in cheers and laughter. "Does that mean you're my daddy now?" Rory asked suddenly and Lorelai and Andrew looked at each other. "Do you want me to be?" He asked her. "Yes, I love you!" She exclaimed and jumped into his lap. He hugged her tight as Colin walked over to Lorelai and got in her lap too. "I'm glad you said yes, mommy." He said and Lorelai pulled him tight and kissed his forehead.

They would be a family soon enough but somehow they already were.