Chapter 6: The Wedding

As soon as Emily and Eliza found out about the proposal they had already started planning the wedding of the century. Lorelai did insist that Sookie do the food because she had never tasted anything better than Sookies cooking. The wedding was a full society event. The months flew by quickly and before they knew it Lorelai and Andrew's wedding day was upon them. The day was busy with all the girls getting their hair and makeup done. Emily and Eliza had already spoken with the wedding planner, Tiffany on the final details and were enjoying themselves with Lorelai, Sookie, Andrews sister Miranda, Lorelai's cousin Karen and Rory. Meanwhile, Andrew, his Father Patrick, Richard, Lance, John Justin (Andrews friends) and Colin were already practically ready and waiting.
"Okay ladies you are down to the hour mark on time." Tiffany said as she stuck her head in. "Well just need my dress." Lorelai smiled as she finished the final touches on Rory. "Lorelai we have a few things for you." Emily and Eliza said in unison. "This was your Aunt Hopes, and the day you were born she gave it to me for you to choose when the best time would be for you to have it. So I would love for you to wear this broach as your something old." Emily said with tears in her eyes. "I have held on to these since my wedding day, they were Andrews Great grandmother's and I would love for you to have them for your something blue." Eliza smiled as she handed her a pair of sapphire earrings. "Oh you two are to much you're going to make me cry before I even get out there." Lorelai said smiling and holding back tears. "We also bought this as opposed to the traditional veil we would like you to wear this tiara as your something new." Emily added. "And this is my diamond necklace, I would love for you to wear this as your something borrowed." Sookie added with a tear rolling down her cheek. "You guys are to much I need to get into my dress." Lorelai said with tears forming in her eyes. They all finished their last touches and began the countdown to walking down the aisle.

Knock knock
"Are you ready Lorelai?" Richard asked as he prepared to walk his daughter down the aisle. Emily and Eliza rushed off to their seats and the bridal party got into formation. The light church music began as the bridesmaids and maid of honor made their way to the front of the church. As Rory stepped into the room the wedding March began and she started daintely dropping the flowers. Lorelai followed behind as Andrews breath caught into his throat as he took in the sight of his soon to be bride. Richard handed her hand to Andrew and took his seat next to Emily.

"We are gathered here to join Andrew Ryan McCrae and Lorelai Victoria Gilmore in holy matrimony. Today as they join in marriage they also bond together their family as they become parents to each others children. Lorelai and Andrew have come to love eachother deeply and are committed to a long marriage to eachother.
Today you two are surrounded by your family and friends who have come to witness your marriage. Andrew and Lorelai have written their own vows." The preacher announced as he stood waiting for them.

"Lorelai, I promise to always be your partner and your equal, I promise to love you and support you in anything you do, I will be here for you always and love you forever. I also promise to love Rory as my own for the rest of our lives. I couldn't be happier making you my wife and her my daughter." Andrew said as tears filled everyone's eyes.

"Andrew I promise to be your fulltime partner, I promise to support you and be your rock when you need it. I promise to love Colin as my own and to be the best mom and wife I can be. I love you more than life and can't wait to spend a hundred years with you." Lorelai said trying not to blubber.

"And now the ring exchange, Lorelai and Andrew will now exchange rings that symbolize their love and commitment to eachother." The preacher announced.

"I give you this ring, a symbol of my love, as I give to you, all that I am, and accept from you, all that you are." Andrew said as he slid the ring on her finger.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you." Lorelai said as she put his ring on his finger.

"And now, by the power vested in me by the State of Connecticut, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. Andrew You may now kiss your bride."

Lorelai and Andrew share a passionate kiss and turn to everyone in the church.

"We now have one more piece of news." Lorelai and Andrew announced together. "Rory has officially been adopted by Andrew." Lorelai began. "And Colin has officially been adopted by Lorelai." Andrew finished as everyone applauded.