Chapter 17: Summer Time

The summer was off to a great start the kids pretty much hung out at the McCrae mansion by the pool or watching movies. Occasionally going to dinner or out for the evening. Paris was forced to go on a family vacation with her family and her dad's business associate's family. Lane was spending most of her time with the guys in her band particularly Dave. Colin had started spending a lot of his time with a girl he had known before he got sent to boarding school, Stephanie Vanderbilt. Rory and Logan spent 90% of their time together and were getting pretty serious. Finn was chasing redheads and drinking most of the time. Logan was still worried that something was going on in Rory's head because as close as they were getting he felt like she was keeping him at arms length. "Rory, I'm falling in love with you I don't want to lose you, but you've been somewhat distant with me since the graduation party." Logan admitted one night. "What? I have? I'm sorry I didn't know I was, I just can't help but think about what your mom said that night." She said honestly. "Oh, Rory no I don't care what she thinks about who I date she can't make me marry anyone I don't want to. I promise you that you are my everything and I don't want anyone else. That's just how my parents are they're insane. Sometimes I think they only had me to fulfil the spot of HPG CEO so that one of my cousins can't take it." He said laughing towards the end. "Logan I'm so sorry I pushed you away, I'm falling in love with you too." They continued getting closer and closer over the rest of the summer and by the end of the summer had decided to announce to both of their families that they were a couple. "So we should probably tell your family first they'll take it better." Logan said as he kissed Rory's neck gently. "Yeah, except my dad. Don't get me wrong he likes you but I'm his baby girl." Rory laughed. "Yeah, but I guarantee my mom is gonna lose her shit." Logan laughed. "Yeah, but who cares cause your dad likes me." Rory smiled and Logan knew she was right because his dad thought she could be the next big thing in journalism if she would toughen up a bit.
"Mom, dad we have something to say." Rory said boldly as she walked into the sitting room where her mother was enjoying an after dinner martini and her father a scotch. "I'm in a relationship with Logan." She announced happily. "Of course you are," Lorelai said smiling. "You two have been inseparable all summer, we already knew." Andrew added. "Well looks like they knew before us." Logan laughed kissing Rory on the cheek. "Well let's head to your house no time like the present." Rory laughed as Logan grimaced.
"Shira is going to have a cow." Lorelai giggled to Andrew after Rory and Logan headed out the front door. "Lorelai don't get so much pleasure out of that woman's pain." Andrew laughed watching his wife's face as she had a sadistic smile.
"Dad, mom? Are you guys home?" Logan called from the foyer. " What Logan and why are you yelling?" Shira asked from the dining room. "Well I've got some news where is everyone?" He asked walking into the dining room where his mother was hiding by the patio door smoking. "They're in the study discussing business as always." Shira said flatly. "Oh hello Rory dear." She followed up in her society voice. "Hello Mrs. Huntzberger." Rory answered in her society voice that had been trained her whole life by her grandmother's. "Well mom I guess you better follow us into the study then." He laughed heading to his father's study. "Dad, grandpa. How's business?" He said trying not to laugh because he hated the business talk. "It's business." Elias said flatly eyeing Rory. "Rory? Right?" He asked as Logan looked surprised his grandfather never talked to the girls he would bring around (normally they were some twit his mother had set him up with and insisted he bring her in to 'meet the family'). "Yes sir, how are you sir?" Rory said sweetly. "It's Elias, and I'm good thank you." Mitchum now had the same stunned look on his face as Logan. "And Mr. Huntzberger it's nice seeing you again." Rory smiled at Mitchum. "Hello Rory and please it's Mitchum." He said more softly than Logan was used to. "Well I just wanted to talk to you guys and let you know that Rory and I are in a serious relationship." He said as Shira's jaw dropped. "Logan, we've talked about this." Shira pleaded. "Talked about what?" Elias asked staring straight into Shira's soul. "Well he needs a suitable wife and Rory wants to work." Shira said sweetly. "I'm sure she understands she's not fit for the role." "Do you ever shut your trap she is a Gilmore and McCrae you can't get better breeding you need to stop." Elias bursted out and turned to Mitchum. "You need to straighten her out."