Chapter 9: Growing Up Apart

Rory and Colin were both extremely upset that their parents had chose to send him away. Colin perked up a bit when he found out Finn and Logan were both being sent to the same boarding school. Rory and Colin spent the next few weeks spending as much time together as they could. Colin, Logan and Finn headed for boarding school all knowing they had to get their shit together if they wanted to come home any time soon. Rory moped for the rest of 6th grade and was ready for summer when Colin would be home but was devastated to find out he wouldn't be home until Christmas. Rory was close to Richie but they didn't have quite the bond her and Colin had, Rory assumed it was the age difference. Rory started spending a lot of her time in Stars Hollow with Jess, Lane and Paris, even if Lorelai wasn't at work. The months seemed to drag on but soon enough it was finally Christmas time. Rory was ready for Colin to be home she had missed him terribly. "Colin will be home today Richie!" Rory exclaimed waking her little brother, who tends to be cranky when awoken. "Rory, leave me alone I was asleep." He whined. "But Colin will be here any minute mom and dad already went to get him from the airport wake up! We can make him breakfast." Rory said excitedly. "Rory Francine will make him breakfast." Richie exclaimed getting irritated by now. "You're no fun!" Rory said storming out of Richie's room. Rory sat at the picture window facing the street waiting for the car to pull in. As she saw it turn into the driveway she was out the door before they could park. Colin jumped out of the car as it was coming to a stop and embraced his little sister. "I've missed you so much bubba." She said trying not to cry. "I've missed you too sis. I know we've made tons of plans for the next 2 weeks is it okay if we include one more?" Colin asked trying not to laugh. "Who?" Rory asked. "Well Logan's mom and dad went to Aspen for the holidays and were gonna leave him at school, mom and dad said he could come here." Colin explained. "Oh yeah of course Logan can join in, but only if he has cute pajamas." Rory teased as Logan got out of the car. "Pajamas?" Logan asked curiously staring at Rory. "Well on Christmas eve Colin, Richie and I bunk out in the media room and watch Christmas movies until we fall asleep but we all wear cute pajamas for Christmas morning." Rory explained. "Oh, well I usually don't wear pajamas." Logan laughed and Rory blushed. "We can go to the mall and get us all new pajamas." Colin butted in giving Logan a look. They all headed inside and Rory went to check on the pancakes the cook was making. "What the hell man? That's my little sister." Colin said nudging Logan. "Sorry Col but your sister has gotten Hot!" Logan said and Colin just glared at him. The rest of the vacation flew by in a blur and before they knew it Colin and Logan were headed back to school.
Colin was doing so well at boarding school it was decided he would finish school there and Rory was soon accepted into Chilton for high school. Rory realized she had a crush on Logan during spring break her 8th grade year. Paris started dating Jess in the summer before 9th grade. The first day of 9th grade started out like any other and Rory and Paris had most of their classes together. They also ended up in class with some new people they had never met and some old friends they didn't think they'd run into again. Rory made friends with a guy named Henry Cho, he was Korean like Lane and wanted to be a doctor. They had also made friends with two girls named Madaline and Louise, they weren't anything like Paris and Rory. Third period rolled around and Paris and Rory walked in and took their seats, a few minutes later Tristan walked in and Rory and Paris exchanged glances. He walked past them turning back to take an up and down look at Rory. "Hey Paris right?" He said asking as if he didn't know. "And hellloo Mary." He said turning his attention to Rory. "It's Rory!" She answered back firmly.