Chapter 4: Next Steps

Almost six months had passed since Lor and Andrew had started dating. Lorelai and Rory had been spending a lot of time in Stars Hollow with Sookie at the Independence Inn where Sookie worked. Mia, the owner, took an instant liking to both of them and loved when they would come to visit. So it wasn't really a surprise when she asked Lorelai if she would like to become executive manager at the inn. Lorelai and Sookie had found the perfect property to buy in Stars Hollow, but the owner was not ready to part with it. So Lorelai immediately took Mia up on her offer. Andrew decided it was a cause for celebration and planned for dinner. "Lorelai, that's great we should celebrate tonight and what if we took the kids to dinner with us, I honestly feel like it may be time for us to get acquainted with each others kids." He said hoping she would say yes. "That sounds good, and we have been together six months, it is probably a good time." Lorelai smiled knowing he was hanging on every word. "I'm so glad you agree, how about burgers for dinner? We can go to a diner I frequent." He said knowing how much Lorelai and Rory loved burgers. "Awe, look at you!" She smiled knowing what he was doing. "I'll see you both tonight." He said. They both headed home to get ready.
"So Rory, sweets you're going to meet Andrew and Colin today. We're gonna go have burgers and fries with them for dinner." Lorelai told Rory as she got her dressed and did her hair. "Yay, burgers!" Rory exclaimed like it was the only thing she heard her mother say. "You crack me up kid." Lorelai laughed as she got dressed herself.
They got to the diner and headed in seeing Andrew and Colin already seated at a booth. Andrew stood up helping them both sit before sitting himself. "Lorelai you look gorgeous. And this must be the beautiful Rory." Andrew said. "Thank you, and yeah this is Rory. Rory this is Andrew and I presume Colin." Lorelai said motioning towards Colin with Andrew nodding affirmatively. "Hi Mr. Andrew, hi Colin." Rory said happily. "Hi Rory, you can sit by me." Colin responded happily. The whole dinner everyone talked and laughed, and Rory and Colin played quietly together at the table. "So Rory, your mom tells me you want to go to Yale one day. That is pretty big goals for such a young lady." Andrew mused. "Yes sir I'm gonna be just like grandpa." She laughed. "I'm going to Yale too, I have to." Colin said to Rory. "We can go together." Rory smiled and Colin smiled back. "Lorelai she is so intelligent, and pronunciates very well for her age." Andrew observed. "Yeah she's a self learner she came out talking." Lorelai joked. "Well she has a good mother." Andrew pointed out. They finished dinner and Andrew and Colin walked Rory and Lorelai to their car. "I had a wonderful evening Lorelai, and the kids hit it off well." He smiled into her soul. "Yes it seems they did we might need to make this more regular." She smiled back leaning closer to him as he kissed her passionately. "Can Rory stay the night with me?" Colin asked. "Not tonight buddy, but another night for sure." Lorelai smiled and gave him a quick hug.