Chapter 4

Dec 23rd, 2017

Finn's Birthday:

General POV:

Sadie waited at her home in New Jersey for a certain call to come through. She knew that the person she was waiting on was a little behind the time as far away as where they were in the world, so she waited all day hoping for the call.

She was excited to see what he would say about the gift she got him because she remembered what a fuss her Mom and her brothers Spencer, Caleb and Mitchell gave her when she decided that she was buying him a Taylor 214ce acoustic guitar because she knew how much he loved to play and hoped that someday he would play songs for her.

As she thought back on the chaotic conversation she had with her mom and siblings she heard her phone ring. She looked down and a small smile pierced her face as she looked at the picture of Finn Wolfhard on her screen as she swiped and held her phone up to her face.

"Happy Birthday Finn Wolfhard" She yelled with a huge smile etched on her face. She hoped that he liked the guitar she sent him or else she had no idea what to do. But before she had too much time to dwell on that decision she heard a heavenly voice through the phone say,

"Your gift was amazing Sades, I have already tuned it and can't wait to bring it with me, so I can play you a song on it" Finn said with a big grin on his face as he watched Sadie through the camera on the phone.

Hearing Finn say this brought so much pride to Sadie that she felt like she was floating on air as she brought herself back down to earth and remembered where she was she calmly said, "only a couple weeks till we all see each other again" Sadie said enthusiastically knowing full well all she wanted to see in person was Finn.

Finn gave a innocent grin as he looked back through the camera at Sadie, "I miss seeing you Sades, It's always so nice having everyone around for a while and then when I leave I'm left missing everyone but most of all you".

Hearing this took Sadie's breath away partially, as she recovered and tried to think of what to say her brothers Caleb and Spencer decided to play big brother and take her phone and talk to Finn for a bit.

"Hey Finn, how's it going bud" They said simultaneously.

Finn looked through his phone and swallowed a lump in his throat as quietly as possible as he responded, "Hey what's up guys, how have you been?"

"Not much just figured we would ask you what your intentions were with our sister" They said in unison smiling as Sadie ran toward them looking mortified.

She yanked the phone out of Spencer's hand as she yelled, "Get out of here you creeps"

Sadie could feel her face heat up as her brothers all grinned at her as they left the room. Once Sadie got herself back under control she looked at her phone to see Finn still looking at her over Facetime.

"Well your brothers seem like they are very protective of you" Finn laughed in an understanding way.

Sadie's face flushed a little redder as she replied shyly, "Yeah they can be such a pain sometimes, they act like every boy I hang out with is a potential boyfriend". Realizing what she just said her face got as red as it had ever been as she hoped and prayed Finn did not bring up what she said.

Luckily for her he didn't as he continued on, "Well I just wanted to call and make sure you knew that I truly appreciate the gift and I can't wait to see you at the golden globes, it has been way too long since I have seen you" Finn said, feeling his own cheeks flush red with embarrassment.

"Well it won't be long now" Sadie said

"Very true only two weeks away, anyways I will see you there Annie!" Finn said as he hung up form the Facetime call.

Sadie saw this and released a huge breath that she didn't even realize she was holding in. But now she knew that he was excited to see her as the excitement wormed its way into her body as she moved around and settled in to the giant leather couch that the Sink's had in their living room. Sadie Fell asleep dreaming of how perfect the Globes could truly be.

(A/N: Hey guys I know I just double updated but I wanted to add this filler chapter in before I got into the Golden Globes and the rest of the main story. Hope you enjoyed this little bit! By the way for those of you that don't get the reference, Finn calls Sadie Annie every now and then because she played Annie on the Broadway Musical and Finn has taken to teasing her about it ever since.)