Chapter 9

(Hey everyone, double update today because this chapter and the next one will probably be a little bit of filler that will help advance the plot a bit before the big Calpurnia concert. Hope you enjoy!)

Departure

LAX Airport:

4:00pm

The entire stranger kids group minus Millie huddled up outside the van that brought them to the airport as they all grabbed their luggage out of the back. Finn was due to leave first followed by Noah and Caleb, lastly Sadie and Gaten were taking the same flight in to Jersey.

Finn realized he didn't pack near as much as he thought he needed so he got his flight switched to send him back to Vancouver first, so he can fly out to New York tomorrow with Nick, Quincy, and the Calpurnia bandmates.

The group made their way inside finding their parents or siblings inside waiting to leave with them as they all decided to say goodbye to Finn as his dad called out to him that their flight leaves in 20 minutes.

Finn took his time to huge each one of the others, lingering for a little bit longer when he got to Sadie as if trying to tell her she meant a bit more to him. "Well guys this weekend was fun, sucked that we didn't win but it was still good to see everyone." Finn chuckled at the somewhat joke of not winning the best series award even though he felt that everyone on the cast deserved it especially the new cast members like Sadie, Dacre, Paul, and Sean.

"Yeah but we will get it for season 3" Caleb said with a grin as he did his and Finn's special goodbye handshake.

"Yeah definitely, anyways I'll see you guys this weekend then, and Noah don't worry I'll be in the same boat as you soon. I have to go to Ireland to film and then you guys can have all the hangouts that ill miss out on" Finn comforted him with a grin.

"Yeah I know, I still wanted to see you perform though" Noah replied dejectedly.

"How's about this, we are releasing our EP soon and will hopefully get booked for a couple shows over the summer, I'll make sure you have tickets to one of those shows if you can make them" Finn hoped this would appease the depressed looking Noah. He noticed that it worked the second Noah's head shot up with a big cheesy grin spread across his face.

"That sounds great Finnlard" Noah laughed as he did his own handshake with Finn.

"Alright guys Ill see ya later"

Finn began walking toward his dad, once he met up with him they turned and started heading for their gate. Finn turned back around to notice that there were a pair of electric blue eyes staring back at him, and he could tell that they were glistening with unshed tears. He decided he better say something to make her laugh, so she wouldn't look so sad.

"Yo Annie, you do know you'll see me in like 5 days right" Finn shouted with a grin on his face.

Sadie couldn't help the smile growing on her face as she realized how ridiculous she was being with her emotions. She just really hated seeing her friends leave, or when she had to leave them. She wasn't very good at goodbyes.

"Duh, I know that Wolfhard, just make sure not to forget your guitar. It's kind of hard to play a show without it" She fired back, the smile on her face permanently fixated there. She watched Finn laugh at her retort which made her even happier as he said his final farewell with a wave,

"Will do Annie"

And with that Finn disappeared amongst the hundreds of other people bustling through the crowded LAX airport.

While Sadie turned back around she was ambushed by the other three smirking boys as they stared at her with knowing looks. Sadie could feel her cheek rise in temperature as she glanced away from them as she exclaimed, "What is wrong with you three?"

"What's wrong with us? What's wrong with you and Finn? When are you finally going to tell him that you like him? Caleb sent back at Sadie causing the three boys to chuckle as she squirmed uncomfortably listening to Caleb talk.

"It's not like that Caleb we are just really close friends"

"Bullshit" Noah coughed into his sleeve as Gaten continued to laugh.

Sadie glared at Noah causing him to slightly flinch and play hide behind Caleb who put his hands up surrendering, "Ok, Ok Sades we will leave it for now but you gotta admit, you would be a lot happier if you at least brought up your feelings with him and see if he feels the same." Caleb compromised by giving some "Big brother" advice.

"Well thanks for the advice, I'll take it into consideration" Sadie said sarcastically as she looked around for her Mom, so she could get ready to head to their gate.

"Caleb, its time to head to our gate" His dad yelled from 20 feet away.

"Same with you Noah" His dad also chimed in.

Caleb and Noah both gave Gaten their signature hand shakes and then hugged Sadie letting them know they will see them soon.

Once they left it was down to Gaten and Sadie, as they stood around people watching Sadie decided to press Gaten with a question.

"So how come you weren't pressing me for information? Usually you would be right up there with Caleb being snoopy and asking a million questions?" Sadie couldn't help but laugh at saying this.

Gaten looked at her and smiled softly, "Sades I'm sure there will come a point where you and Finn finally figure it out, and us pestering you both every chance we get will not make it happen any sooner. So, I've reserved myself to waiting for when the moment happens and then saying 'I told you so' with a smile" Gaten explained happily making Sadie giggle at his response.

"Well Gaten I'll let you in on a secret, I will so happy if you get the chance to say I told you so." Sadie confessed staring off into the crowds that continued to shift around them.

"Sadie, its time to head to the gate. You too Gaten your mom is waiting at the gate already" Sadie's mom shouted over to them.

Gaten looked back to Sadie shrugged while smiling, "Guess it's time to head home"

Sadie smiled back, "Yeah at least for a little while"

They both walked over to Sadie's mom and then the three of them headed off to catch their flight home.