Chapter 13

"The Party"

Jan 12th, 2018

The Nomad Hotel:

Room 415:

10:30pm

Nick, Quincy, Caleb, Gaten and Sadie all walked in the front door of the hotel room and quickly began going to work getting the place set up for the little party they were having. Nick went over to set up tv for movies and such later by plugging in his Nintendo Wii he brought with him, Quincy went to work setting up the speakers so that music could start playing, Caleb and Gaten both brought the boxes of pizza and Sadie's vegan Caesar salad to the kitchen for when they all were ready eat, and lastly that left Sadie to grab a bunch of extra pillows and blankets from the closet to throw on all the couches.

"Hey Sadie, you can leave one blanket off to the side, I managed to squeeze an air mattress out of the people downstairs" Quincy yelled over to her as he finished up plugging in the speakers.

She looked over and smiled, "Yeah sure thing" she said as she left one of the blankets with a pillow set aside on a chair by the table.

By this point Caleb and Gaten were making their way back to the living room area as Quincy plugged the speaker into his phone, "Any preferences guys?" He asked.

Caleb and Gaten both shrugged in a "Whatever works for me" kind of impression as they both glance at Sadie, "Sadie?" They ask together.

Sadie looked around at everyone and thought about some of the music her and Finn would listen to while he went with her to her skateboarding lessons, "Hmm, how about we keep it to 90's/2000's alternative and such" Sadie hoped she got the general picture across.

Quincy immediately picked up on what she meant as a sly grin came to his face as he decided to tease her a little before Finn got here, "Very interesting Sadie, no wonder Finn likes you".

Quincy got what he wanted as Sadie could feel her face grow six different shades of red as the Caleb and Gaten both burst out in giggles at seeing their friend so uncomfortable.

"Jeez Sadie you good?" Caleb asked as they continued to giggle.

After a few minutes Sadie finally worked up the nerve to reply, "Yes, I am fine" She said with a hint of sass as she walked to the kitchen to grab her salad so she could eat, the boys followed so they could grab some pizza. Just as they sat down in the living room to eat a knock came from the door followed by a beep signaling a card being swiped as the door flew open to a bunch of rowdy kids coming into the room.

"Finally, I thought that traffic was never going to end" Jack sighed in relief as he headed to the bedroom to drop off all his gear.

"Wow that pizza smells amazing, thanks guys!" Malcolm yelled excitedly as he too ran into the bedroom to drop off his things.

Ayla ran straight to the room to drop her stuff off as she looked at Finn with a knowing smile.

"Wow Red Hot Chili Peppers nice touch" Finn stated as the sounds of the song "Soul to Squeeze" could be heard echoing throughout the hotel room. As he started heading toward the bedroom to drop his things off he looked into the living room to see how everyone was doing when he locked eyes with those beautiful blue orbs that were sitting on one of the couches eating her salad with a soft smile on her face. Finn returned the smile before heading to the bedroom to drop his things off.

The next song to start playing is "Don't look back in anger" as the band funneled out of the room and toward the food in the kitchen ecstatically.

"Wow whoever is controlling the playlist has some solid taste" Finn commented again as he wandered over to grab a slice of pizza, waiting for Jack and Malcolm to get out of the way.