Chapter 6

Golden Globes pt 2

"I don't want to talk right now Sadie, I'm heading back to the hotel, so I can decompress" Finn stated in an emotionless tone as he turned back around he shot back one last retort as he walked out the front of the hotel, "I knew I had a bad feeling about tonight"

With that said Sadie stared after him tears streaming down the sides of her cheeks as she whispered, "He almost never calls me Sadie"

Red Carpet:

4 hours earlier:

As the limo came to a stop in front of the carpet where they were to start their journey, the kids looked back and forth at each other.

"Well this ought to be fun" Noah chimes in hoping to break the ice of Millie not being there.

"Yeah should be fun, it's Sadie's first one with us too" Gaten stated happily reaching over to give her a high five.

Sadie and Caleb both looked over to Finn noticing that it looked like he was concentrating on not shaking as the driver came around to open the door for them he took a deep breath and hopped out of the limo first to be assaulted by the flashing lights of the paparazzi.

Finn looked back and leaned his hand down so Sadie could take it to help herself out of the back seat. She graciously accepted the help with a warm smile as he returned his own to her prompting many photographers to yell out random questions.

"Finn, are you and Sadie dating?"

"Sadie when did you and Finn get together?"

"What does Millie think of you two together"

Finn and Sadie's faces both turned crimson red as they chose to ignore the comments and questions and wait for the other three to get out of the limo before lining up for pictures.

Once the photographers were just about satisfied they asked for a couple shots of just Finn and Sadie together, initially they were both going to decline until Gaten, Noah, and Caleb all grinned while the stepped away saying in unison, "You guys will thank us later".

With that said their faces grew heated again as they uncomfortably posed for the pictures and even turned toward each other and smiled as they looked into each other's eyes.

Finally, once they had enough they motioned for the others to come back so they could continue down the carpet and go inside.

Inside the Golden Globes:

"And the winner is, The Handmaid's tale!" The speaker announced to an erupting applause as the entirety of the building began clapping for the winners of best television series.

Around the table the kids all put on their best happy faces as they clapped with the rest of the crowd feeling deep down a twinge of disappointment.

Sadie was sat between Millie and Noah as the looked at each other after the clapping settled down with sullen looks.

"It's ok guys, you will win it next time for season 3 don't worry" Shawn Levy chimed in with a happier voice than they wanted to hear at the moment.

As Millie, Noah and Shawn started talking about potential information regarding season three filming, Sadie couldn't help but look across the table at a certain curly haired boy. He was sitting there fidgeting with his hands while his left leg was shaking under the table. She noticed Caleb put a hand on Finn's shoulder and whisper something as Finn looked back at him and mouthed "Yeah, I'm alright".