Chapter 16

"Coming Home"

During the last few months the Stranger Things kids have been all over the place; Noah did some filming in France, Millie was tied up with her boyfriend and getting involved in her multiple projects, Gaten was heavily involved with work for his up and coming band "Work in Progress", and Caleb has been doing a lot of work forging forward with his #EmbraceyourFace campaign as well as voice acting. Sadie always the quiet one on social media was involved with a Nike movement for Nike React as well as being involved with multiple fashion companies that are Vegan lines and cruelty free.

Finn who was in Ireland for most of the last few months filming The Turning in a remote area leaving him mostly without Social Media or the ability to talk to anyone except home on occasions. Once he finished up filming in Ireland he was able to make it home to Vancouver just long enough to say hello to his family before catching his next flight down to Albuquerque, NM to film his scenes for The Goldfinch.

Thus, bringing us to now;

Apr 19th, 2018

ATL INTL Airport

Terminal C

11:00 AM

Sadie and Gaten both took the same flight to Atlanta; as they departed their plane Gaten couldn't help but notice Sadie looking more nervous than he could ever remember seeing her as they continued to walk towards baggage claim.

"Hey Sades, is everything ok?" he asked hoping he's not pushing her into discussing anything she's not ready to talk about. Sadie, not paying attention jumped at the sound of Gaten's voice before she looked over at him from under the Nike Hoodie that she wore.

"I don't know Gaten, I haven't heard from him since he stepped down in Ireland..." Sadie began as she could feel a wet substance begin to seep into her eyes as she let out her fears.

"I have no idea how he's doing or where we are because I haven't been able to see him." She finally managed to talk out her worries as they reach the baggage area as they saw their parents looking for the bags down the line a bit.

Gaten looked down at his phone texting a separate group chat with only Caleb, Noah, and Millie in it.

Gaten: Hey guys, have any of you heard from Finn at all these past few months? Btw where is everyone?

Once he sent out that text he noticed that their parents were walking towards them with all their bags from the plane.

"Sadie dear, we got everything. I'm sure you just can't wait to see Finn huh?" Mrs. Sink questions with a little smile on her face as her, Sadie, Gaten, and Mrs. Matarazzo all started heading to the area of the airport where the transport van would be.

"Yeah totally, I can't wait mom" Sadie replied with a modest smile as she put her face back down towards her phone as she shot Gaten a quick message.

Sadie: I haven't really explained the situation to my mom at all.

Gaten: Gotcha I was kind of wondering about that.

Just as they reached the van Sadie and Gaten hopped in the back seats leaving the middle row for their moms. As they rode in the van Gaten could feel his pocket vibrate signaling someone finally replying to his group chat.

Caleb: Nah I haven't heard anything from him at all... I'm getting kinda worried.

Noah: Yeah, I Haven't heard from him at all either. That is really unlike him.

Millie: The last I heard from him was on my birthday, since then I haven't heard anything. I tried to contact him about the Jacob situation and making him jealous with a picture of Finn and I but he never returned any of my messages.

Gaten sat there slightly baffled at hearing the news. He tried to recover his face before Sadie could notice but failed to do so. As Sadie glanced over at Gaten's worried expression she decided to prod him for his issue.

"Everything good over there?" She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"Uhh..." He managed to squeak out before he came up with a plan.

"I was asking the squad if they wanted to do a sleepover tonight since it's the first day that we all are back, and they said yes." He finally got out praying that she would buy this as an excuse.

Sadie decided not to push him and responded, "Ok yeah that sounds good then" As she turned her head to look back out the window.

Gaten let out a small breath he didn't realize he was holding in as he leaned his head back against the seat and slowly closed his eyes drifting off into sleep.

(A/N: So apologies for the really short chapter, I kinda used this as a time skip/ set up the next part of the story chapter so again sorry for the shortness. I am really bad with dates that interact with these actors/actresses seeing as I'm writing this story in October and a lot of the stuff that I will or have discussed happened much earlier this year so if I get any of the date or anything wrong feel free to message me with the right dates, I would love to switch the dates out to make the book feel or realistic. Anyways thank you everyone for reading and I hope to have the next chapter up by Friday!)