4. J10

DALLAS POV

I walk over to check in my next appointment and realize it's the girl from the bar.

Oh, shit.

I hadn't spoken to a woman since after high school and not at all during or after prison. Our last interaction at the bar wasn't the greatest because to be honest, I was an asshole to her. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it on purpose. Truth was, I needed to be a jerk to her. It was the only way I'd be able to cut any chance of forming any kind of relationship with her because deep down, I really wanted to.

I wished I could reverse time and right my wrongs, then maybe this situation would be different. Maybe in an alternate universe, things would be different. But that wasn't the case. This was real, this was now and I had no choice but to protect her from myself. The best way to do this is to continue playing the asshole character and make her hate me.

***

SKY POV

To my horror, it was the same hot asshole that I ran into the bar the other night. I knew all the locals in Luciole and I'd never seen him before until last night, I thought he was a tourist just passing through town. He must've been new here and new to David's because I'd never expected to run into him again.

He's clearly amused by all this and doesn't seem surprised at all. "Oh, wow! If it isn't my favorite bartender!", he laughs, sarcasm prevalent in his tone. He wipes his hands into a rag as he gives me a once over. The way he bit his lip as he looked at me almost felt like he was undressing me with his eyes.

Seeing him do that replaces my disgust with another familiar feeling associated to him. I can feel a pang of desire shoot down between my thighs. Oh, for fuck's sake, Sky. Keep it in your pants, will ya! This guy's a jackass. You must be really desperate, Christ!

"Sooooo, Corolla... what are these questions you have for me that was so important to pull me out from under this beautiful Mustang?" He motions to the car behind him as he takes a step towards me.

My mind begins to shut down as I watch him take that step, his gaze never leaving mine. I'm forgetting how to breathe as I watch his muscular arm reach up to rub the stubble on his jaw. His grease covered white tee clings to his body and I notice that I'm clenching onto the hem of my shorts, my knuckles turning white.

"I-I... it's about my... the thing... the thing that makes my car cold", I stutter. I sound like a blubbering idiot.

C'mon, Sky! The thing that makes your car cold!? What in the actual fuck!? Pull yourself together!

He laughs at me as he takes another step closer. I still obviously don't remember how to breathe correctly. "You mean, your A/C?", he asks as his brows furrow.

I wish the ground would just swallow me up.

The way he makes fun of me brings me back to reality. I shake it off and go back to being myself. "Yes, the A/C", I say flatly. "It doesn't work, I need it fixed as well. How soon can you get it done?"

All laughter leaves his eyes, now darkening into something I've never seen before. He looked almost menacing, but not in a scary way. He had this look like he wanted to hurt me, but not in the way one might think.