18. Ring of Fire

SKY POV

Dallas was still fast asleep as I tried to rub the sleep from my eyes. I glance over to the window and the sun was peeking through the curtains, it was definitely early morning.

"C'mon", I say as I shake Dallas in his sleep.

"W-what's happening?", he mutters, barely awake.

"I'm taking you to breakfast." I'm kneeling on the bed next to him still trying to get this log to wake up.

"No... go... sleep", he mumbles, turning over and covering his head with the sheets. I grab ahold of the blanket and tear it away. Dallas just turns his head to me and narrows his eyes.

"Come onnn. Free baconnnn", I coax him, batting my eyelashes.

"But why have bacon, when you can have me?", he chuckles. He rolls over and grabs me by the waist and pulls me into him.

I kind of missed arrogant Dallas.

I scramble out from under him and off the bed to walk around his side. I bend down to look at him face to face as he continues to keep his eyes closed.

"I pick bacon because I'm hungry", I argue. "Plus you have nothing to eat in this bachelor pad".

No answer. He's ignoring me.

"Can you really say no to all you can eat bacon?", I smile. Dallas opens one eye at me.

"What do I get out of it?", he flashes a mischievous grin.

"I don't know", I say in my best sultry voice. I climb onto the bed and over him, straddling him now. I lean my mouth close to his ear and whisper. "You could get waffles if you don't want bacon".

Dallas tries to hold in his smile as he runs his hands down his face. I jump off of him and head to the bathroom to get ready.

"That was cold", I can hear him laugh through the door.

Dallas slowly rises up out of bed, stretching out his arms and giving out a yawn. He runs his hand through his hair, disheveling it even more in the process. He pushes open the door as he leans on the doorframe. "Fine, let's go", he lets out a heavy sigh of defeat.

I quickly run to my apartment to change and I meet him outside. "We'll take my car, the diner's not far from here", I say.

We drive in comfortable silence for a couple minutes until I turn on the radio. I tap my fingers on the steering wheel to "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash.

Love is a burnin' thing
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire

I loved this song so much that I didn't realize I was singing the lyrics. I steal a glance at Dallas, embarrassed that he heard me singing terribly again like he did that time at the stoplight. His eyes were facing the road, but I could definitely tell he was smiling.

We're about five minutes away from our destination when he breaks through the music. "So, where exactly are you taking me? I need to make sure where to tell my friends to come looking for me once you throw me in a ditch", he smirks.

"Ha, Ha", I say flatly. "You think you're so funny. You want bacon or not?"

"Okay, okay, anything for the bacon", he chuckles, raising his hands up in fake defense.

"If you must know, we're going to The Magnolia Diner", I say. It suddenly gets very quiet and I quickly glance at him to notice that he looks rigid and worried. He turns to face the window and I can tell his jaw is tense. His mood just changed in a matter of seconds.