Epilogue

SKY POV

Basking from the our reconciliation, we lay tangled in the sheets in pure bliss.

"I want you to come somewhere with me, there's someone I need to see", he asks, his hand caressing mine.

He'd propped himself up on a pillow and I laid my head in my favorite spot, his lap.

"Who?"

"Just someone I've been meaning to talk to", he smiled, leaning his head down to plant a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay", I say as I drift to sleep.

***

The next morning, Dallas and I both showered and got dressed for the day. He hadn't told me where exactly we were going so I opted to a white thank tip and jean shorts. I didn't even bother to put any makeup on until I heard him behind me.

"Damn, if you look like that without makeup...", he smirked. I felt my face flush as he walks off to finish getting ready.

He adjusts that worn hat of his one top of his hair. "Ready?", he asks. I just smile and nod as head out the door.

The drive took roughly 30 minutes and from the scenery, I could tell we were in New Orleans.

"Nola?", I raise my eyebrows.

"Just wait, okay?" he assures me.

We finally pull up to a small neighborhood, parking right in front of the house. It was a quaint little home with its white siding and olive shudders. It looked a little lived in, but comfy.

We walked up the steps side by side when Dallas turns to me. "Okay, I have to do something really important and I know you might have a lot of questions but I just want you here for moral support, you don't have to speak", he explained. Although I really did have a lot of questions, I nod and let him do whatever it is he needed to do.

He knocks on the door a couple times until finally a woman answers the door. She was older than us, maybe in her 40s. She had a polite smile as she answered the door and she had a motherly presence about her.

"Can I help you?", she asked in a soft voice. She looks at me, but her eyes lingered on Dallas like she was trying to remember where she's seen him before.

"Hi, ma'am... I'm sorry this is so sudden, but my name is Dallas Avery and-"

"I know who you are", the woman quips. Her tone was still quiet, but harsh. Her eyes weren't filled with hate, but some kind of hurt when she looked at Dallas.

"Ma'am, I-", he tries to continue.

The woman opens the door a little more and steps aside. "Why don't you two come in?" Dallas and I both look at each other to make sure we were both okay and head inside. The house was small and quaint just like the outside. The decor was minimal, but cute with floral wallpaper and white curtains hung on the windows. There were a lot of family photos and pictures of specifically a little boy.

We sit down on the sofa as she comes back from the kitchen with a tray of tea. She places it down on the coffee table in front of us and sits on the chair across from us.

"So, Mr. Avery... what brings you here after all these years", she asks politely yet curt as she pours us all tea.

"Well, ma'am", he gulps. "I haven't seen you since...i'm, I-"

"Oh, now, out with it. We haven't got all day", Her voice was still soft as usual, but impatient.

"Ma'am, I came here to apologize. I wanted to do it the right way. I know it's been many years and the last time I saw you was at the... hearing... but I couldn't go on without speaking to you. I know I'm probably not the person you'd want to see, but I just had to come here at least once".