14. Dark

*WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC & UPSETTING MATERIAL. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

SKY POV

It's getting late and a lot of the tourists have left except for a few groups and stragglers. I didn't run into Charlie again tonight which relieved me. I'm about to tell Henny that we should probably get going, but he quickly grabs my hand and leads me through the venue.

"Where are we going!?" I try to breathe out while we run.

"You'll see!", he shouts, taking a second to look back at me.

He abruptly stops in front of me that I almost run into his back. "Okay, close your eyes", he says.

I do as he says, confused and curious about what he's about to show me. He grabs my arms on either side and spins me around.

"Open them!", he gleefully shouts!

I open my eyes to a large open field in front of me. From the lack of people and lights, it's clearly a closed off section of the park. All that doesn't matter to me as I see the millions of fireflies that buzz around me. It was a wonderful gesture, but the sun hasn't set all the way yet and the fireflies weren't lighting up just yet.

Henny looks really disappointed. "Aw, damn", he says, kicking the dirt in front of him. "I'm sorry, Sky. I thought they'd be ready to light up right now". He gives me an apologetic look.

I step towards him, patting him on the back. "Oh, it's okay, Henny. I knew you meant well. It's just not dark yet". I smile, trying to assure him when his eyes lock with mine.

"Sky", Henny finally breaks the silence as he turns to me. He takes a step forward and I think I know what he's about to do. "Can I kiss you?", he asks so sweetly.

He was so kind and such a gentleman, I had a great time tonight. But why wasn't I excited when he asked me that question?

Maybe if I just let him kiss me, my feelings will change.

I give him a silent nod giving him the permission he desperately wanted. He leans in, grabbing my jaw lightly with one hand while the other slips around my waist. He lays a gentle open-mouthed kiss on my lips and I feel... absolutely nothing. My heart sinks as he pulls away, I'm disappointed. The spark wasn't there and I didn't want to lead him on, he was such a great guy. As much as I wanted to like Henny, all I could see was Dallas. Henny leans in to kiss me again only for me to pull away. I press off his chest, wanting to tell him that it wasn't him, it was me.

"Henny, wait... I have something to tell you. I don't th-" I can't finish my sentence as he grabs my waist forcefully and slams my body into his. His eyes are no longer welcoming, it was dark like how Dallas' gets but it was filled with bad intentions. In a matter of seconds, I go from having a great time to fearing for my life. I try to push away from him again, but he grabs my wrists so aggressively, I can feel his nails dig into my skin.

"Stop, Henny, you're hurting me!", I cry out. Tears are welling up my eyes and I'm trembling. Henny grabs my jaw and pulls my face into his. His breath smells like alcohol, a lot of it.

"Sky Hammond, I've been wanting you for years", he spits. "I take you out, pay for your shit, I've been nothing but a gentleman to you all night. But I see the way you look at him..."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about", I stutter, tears streaming down my face.

"Cut the bullshit, bitch! I see the way you look at Dallas Avery! Oh, don't play stupid with me. I saw the way you looked at him at the garage, I saw the way you looked at him earlier tonight. I treat you right and the nice guy still finishes last!", he scoffs. "But tonight, I'm going to make you mine Sky, you and I belong together. You need a good man, not some white trash piece of shit like Avery!"