Ch. 13 - Stubborn Girl

Shena

"I can't believe y'all actually think there's a possibility of Carru and his friends getting nice. They aren't", Zoya shrieked.

"C'mon Zo. He apologized to Shena and they're smart. They're better than me in maths for goodness sake! They've been nice to Shena and I", San defended.

"Not becoz they're 'nice'  to the two of you means they're nice to everyone. Or have you forgotten what they have done?" Zoya persisted.

"That's not the point. The point is they're nice to us so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I ain't got time to hate people who don't hate me", San said pointedly.

"San has a point. Shena says they're really good at maths so I ain't mad at them either", Cam said.

"I can't believe this", Zoya said rolling her eyes.

"Will y'all please stop? Look, they're not our friends nor am I gonna be friends with them so please just drop it", I said harshly.

"Fine. But I'm telling y'all, they ain't no good", Zoya said.

Whether they are good or not I don't care. I just want this week to end so that I don't have to work with them anymore. And I hope to God Mr Samuels doesn't put me in group with them again.

After extra class ended that day we met up again and did four more questions. We had three left and agreed to do them tomorrow.

The next day at school I felt really happy. I just woke up that morning in a good mood.

"You look extra happy today", Cam said smiling at me.

"Yup. Coz I feel happy. And I also feel like eating some lollipop and chocolates", I said smiling.

"But you know you can't eat lollipops nor lots of chocolates", Zoya said.

"I know, but I really feel like eating some. I'm sure I'll be fine. So let's go buy some", I said excitedly.

"Okay then", San said then we went and got some.

I ate 3 lollipops, 2 Charles chocolates, 1 ping pong and 2 Bobbie. I haven't eaten these in a while now and I missed them. Yea I know I shouldn't eat them but they're so tasty.

"You better pray to God you don't get sick with all that junk you just swallowed", Zoya said pointing at me with a lollipop stick.

"I know right. It's okay for us to eat junk food becoz our digestive system loves that shit but yours, not so much", San said and Cam laughed.

"I'll be fine", I said.

Later that day San and I were under the trees waiting for Carru and Andre to finish our group work.

Suddenly I felt like throwing up so I ran to the bathroom. I started feeling hot and dizzy during extra class but I didn't say anything.

"Shena! Shena are you okay?" San asked worriedly when I got out the bathroom.

"Yea. I think", I said splashing water on my face.

I dried my face with a paper towel then left the bathroom.

"Maybe we should just finish tomorrow and go home now. You don't look fine to me", San said with concern written all over her face.

"No San I'm fine. We have to finish it today", I said then we went back to the seats and saw that Carru and Andre were already there.

San and I sat down opposite to Carru and Andre. Now I feel really dizzy and I was sweating profusely.

"Shena are you okay? You look really pale", Carru asked looking at me worriedly.

"Plus your sweating abnormally and the weather's cool", Dre said looking at me.

"I'm fine", I said and it came out like a whisper.

"I'll be right back", I said getting up and I staggered. I held on to the desk to steady myself.

"Shena..", San began to say but I cut her off by holding up my hand.

I walked off then I felt a pain in my head. I put my hands on my face and groan. Just then my feet gave away and I was about to fall when someone caught me.

I heard San screaming my name. I was really dizzy so I couldn't make out the faces over me shouting. There shouting only made my headache worse. The last thing I heard was San screaming my name then everything went black.