11

"I love you, Alfred. "

I could feel my face burning as I said those words to him. My heart beating violently in my chest.  His blue eyes staring into mine as a smile spread across his face, as if he had just won the lottery. A whole month of being motionless, of not being able to look at him face to face. I really had missed him with out really knowing. "I love you too" He spoke up leaning in again kissing me softly making my heart flutter for the second time.
I pulled away as soon as I heard the door open looking down expecting it to be the doctor,  or nurse. But when I heard that familiar voice call my name so soft it was almost a whisper. "Arthur... " I looked up to see those green eyes of my mother staring back at me. Her eyes welled up with tears. "Mum.. " Her hand was being held by a small child. "I'm sorry. " She ran over to me hugging me tightly. I smiled hugging her back,  for the second time today my eyes we're filled with joyful tears. I could see Alfred leave the room to give us some space. "Mum why are we here again." Ollie asked he was about five now. She pulled away from me smiling down at him. "This is your brother, Ollie" She picked him up helping him on the bed. He was a lot smaller, the last time he was only two, and was barely walking without stumbling. At the time I was a freshman in high school. "It's nice to see you again Ollie. Do you remember me? " Oliver thought for a moment "Author, right Mum? " He turned looking at her and she nodded.

~

Alfred had cane back into the room sitting down on the bed next to me as my mother sat on a couch with Olivers head laying in her lap as he slept, she ran a hand through his hair humming a song she sang to me as a child. "Who is this Arthur? " She asked softly. "Ah..this is Alfred...my friend" Alfred looked really disappointed to hear that. "Nice to meet you Ma'am" He gave his bright signature American smile. In response my mother smiled and gave a small "Nice to meet you as well. "

"Mum where have you been? " "Well I..you see, Arthur. After we got to the states I met someone. I really did try to reasons with your father. I loved him too I just happened to fall for someone else also. I really didn't mean to hurt him the way I did,  but life continues even if you want it to stop for a second. " She looked down at Oliver. "I really am sorry, I thought you'd hate me. Your father insisted you would. He wanted you to stay with him. " Her eyes expressed everything she was feeling so clearly. I looked over at her, she had no idea what had happened. She didn't need to hurt anymore, she didn't need to know. "I could never be angry with you nor hate you. I missed you and I'm glad your here now. " I smiled looking up at Alfred after I said that having him look back at me. It felt like all the rainy days had passed so quickly, even though at the time it felt like eternity. My mother was right. Life continues. I took Alfred's hand in mine leaning against him. Don't let me go anymore, please don't leave my side.