12

Ivan smirked picking me up by the collar saying something before letting go, I hit my head on the ground  I couldn't tell where all the blood had been coming from. He places the paper in my hand making sure I held the now crumpled paper in my fist before standing and stepping down on my hand harshly. I could see mocking blue eyes in the corner. It taunted me the dark built figure if my father.

~

"Alfred! " I sat up in the hospital bed panting,  my hair sticking to my forehead. I sighed the room dark. I must have fallen asleep without realizing it. I looked over at the couch.  My mother was gone but Alfred was still here laying down. I moved the blankets off getting up slowly I stumbled a bit kneeling down beside him. Alfred looked so much younger without his glasses. I moved a hair out his face smiling softly. He shifted and a paper fell from his pocket. I looked at the paper that was folded, picking it up. What is this.. I wondered but it wasn't mine so I wasn't going to read what ever it said. I put it back in his pocket. I sighed My birthday was coming up. I didn't plan on telling Alfred though I didn't want him to do to much.

~

The next morning I woke up to the same ceiling. I really hated hospital. I shifted sitting up "Morning Artie. " His hair was disheveled and so was mine. "Morning." I looked down silently yawning "I been meaning you give you something. I'm sorry I took it from you. I know it was really important to you. " Alfred put the folded letter on my lap. Opening it I noticed my fathers signature at the bottom. "Thank you Alfred." As I read it over I smiled the words written on the paper were from my real father the one I knew when Mom was there. "This means a lot to me Alfred" I looked up at him. It was good to know what Ivan had said was wrong my father was sorry. "I'm going to see him one day. "
My mother came in with breakfast. "Going to see who? " She smiled. "Father" I said softly "He was in a bad place and..he did somethings but he's getting better. " My mother looked at me before looking away "Maybe me and Ollie can go with you if you'd like. " She suggested as much as I'd like that I don't think it'd be such a good idea. I knew I had to tell her. "Mum father...ah..he... " How do you tell your own mother something like this. I looked up at Alfred who smiled at me softly "well after you left he did drugs and drank to much. It wasn't his fault and he didn't realize what he was doing. " I looked at her "what did he do Arthur? " "He took advantage of me... " I trailed off. Part of me still felt the pain I felt the day I jumped but as Alfred put a hand over mine I smiled looking up at him my eyes watering. I felt a simple peace and it didn't matter that I wasn't pure or that such things had happened. I finally felt the love Alfred gave me.

Another short chapter I'm sorry 😅