Chapter 13- Awoken

.Eric.

Tears are rolling down her eyes and she just kept saying 'what?' over and over again into the phone. Her voice sounds almost dead as if shock is setting in from whatever is being said to her. 

"Dad" She whispers as I see her wrap her thin arm around her flat stomach. More Silence follows and all that you hear is the party in the backround and her quick breaths. 

As I watch her I can't help but feel bad for her, especially after all the twisted stories circulating around, not that I would ever actually admit to her some of the things being said about her. If you look at her you can't actually tell anything at all and sometimes I wonder if I should just chuck all the rumors to the wind. I mean seriously she looks like any other normal teenager. Well maybe not like every other, she is definitely eye catching, with something so pure and innocent it makes me doubt some of the horrible things. But with my past experiences can I really trust apperances?

"Hurry, please" She says, her voice cutting through the dark thoughts invading my mind. She ends the call and hunches over the phone, her hair falling around her face, as she stares at the dark screen. Her back faces me as I move towards her, her backless shirt showing off her milky white skin and as the light hits it I can see small scars sprinkled along it. 

"Matty?" I whisper, touching her upper spine, her skin smooth as silk. She continues to look down at her phone, her hair hiding her beautiful face, and I notice her hands shaking with some restrained emotion. "Matty?" I say again trying to catch her attention by moving her soft curling treces away from her face. 

She turns to look at me with a big smile on her face, her exquiste grey eyes looking at me with so much life it almost takes my breath away. Happiness finally shinning bright as happy tears pool around the edges of her eyes. 

"Simon's awake" She breathes, more happy tears rolling down her perfectly appled cheeks. I plaster a smile I don't feel on my face and pull her into my arms giving her the tightest hug I can muster. "Simon came back to me Eric." She whispers as she twines her arms around my waist, burying her face in my chest. I rock her back and forth as I feel her lips form into a smile against my clothed skin. And the instant she says those words I feel shame at the thoughts forming in my mind. For wishing that Simon didn't exist because I've lost her before I had a chance to find out if I even liked her. Because I don't know why she's making me feel this way. I squeeze her a little tighter and kiss the top of her head. 

"That's really good, Queen Matilda" I say to her. 

****

.Matty.

My father and I zoom to the hospital after he picks me up from the party at Erics. I nervously lace and unlace my fingers as I shake my leg impatiantly looking out of the window at the passing sceneray. 

"Matty calm down, everything will be alright." Dad tells me and I look at him with a smile, nodding, before looking away again. He was right everything was finally fine because I have my Simon back. I take a look at the side mirror looking behind us and feel myself slightly ashamed as I think of my time with Eric. I feel almost guiltly for what I did, for having gone to a party and then almost kissing Eric, while Simon needed me. I can't help but think that if I had lost him while I was there I would never have forgiven myself.

We approach the standard looking hosptial and we quickly make our way through the hallways and floors to where Simon was located. As we reach his room I can feel my nerves getting the best of me. Why hadn't thought of changing before I came here. Oh my God what if he thinks I'm a complete slut. I start shaking uncontrollably but I feel my Dads arm snake around my shoulder and pressing me close. We see Dr. Anderson outside of the door of the room with Simon's parents.