Prologue

It was a dark and stormy night. The rain fell in torrents—except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets, rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness. Jihyun was at home alone ; not including the maids in her house. Her parents had went to her aunt's home for a visit.

Jihyun sat on her chair, doodling on her sketchbook that was given to her on her birthday from her aunt. "Hmm... I wonder what I should draw next," Jihyun asked herself while flipping through the pages of her thick sketchbook that was filled with drawings of her siblings, her parents, her dream and other things that reminded her of her family.

Looking through her past drawings, she sighed and thought, 'Maybe I should just stop drawing and continue tomorrow'. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door of her room. The door swung open and in front of it, stood a lady in her twenties. She was holding a cup of warm water on her right hand, and a pencil on the other.

"Are you alright Miss Park?" the lady, wearing a maid's outfit, asked.

Jihyun replied, faking a smile, "Oh yes, I am."

The maid's worried facial expression turned into a frown. She walked over to Jihyun and placed the cup of water on her desk. After that, she sat on Jihyun's bed and motioned to Jihyun for her to sit next to her. Jihyun sighed and did that.

"My dear, I am guessing that you have completely no idea on what to draw in your sketchbook?" the maid asked.

Jihyun nodded, frowning. She said, "Miss Nana, I really miss Jackson."

Nana replied, "I hope he comes back soon, but nothing is confirmed yet."

Jihyun nodded, still frowning, "What if he doesn't come back? What if I lose him forever? What if he is adopted? What if he is forever missing? Or even worse, he is dead?"

This time, Nana frowned, "Miss Jihyun, you should not think of the worse case scenarios. You should hope for the better, this way, there will be a higher chance of him returning."

Nana handed Jihyun the pencil that she was holding and said, "Never stop hoping, use this pencil to relief your stress, he might come back. He has to, for you."

After that, Nana left the room ; but not before saying goodnight to Jihyun. Jihyun stared at the pencil that Nana had just gave her. I should keep on wishing and hoping that he is still alive and will come back to me. After all, I am his precious sister, she thought.

_________________________________________
A/N: Hello, I hope you liked the prologue, the next chapters are going to be longer. Please continue reading, thank you. I hope that this chapter isn't too confusing, you will understand soon. See you in the next chapter, bye! ;)