Chapter 7 | Oops... I didn't do that

Jihyun's POV

I waited in anticipation, curious as to what coloured paper Bambam had gotten.

It was red in colour. "Aww, I kinda wish that he had gotten the same colour as me," Yugyeom pouted.

"Yeah, me too. I wish teacher made a mistake on that and that I could partner up with either you or Bambam. Well, mostly because you guys are my only friends here," I agreed, nodding my head as I said so.

I looked at Bambam's facial expression and it seems like he was a little disappointed in getting that colour.

"ทำไมต้องเป็นสีนี้?" I heard Bambam voice out. I couldn't catch what he was saying at all, but I know that he was speaking in Thai. I have a Thai relative and she had spoken to me in Thai before, even though she knew I couldn't understand her words.

"Bambam!" I whisper-shouted to him, trying to get his attention. I kept on trying but to no avail.

Bambam's POV

I was staring at the piece of paper in pure disappointment. I wanted to be partners with Jaebum, Youngjae or Yugyeom. Yugyeom seemed like a friendly boy so I guess that's fine.

My train of thoughts abruptly stopped as Jaebum hyung tapped my shoulders repeatedly as if he was trying to tell me something really urgent.

"Nae, hyung?" I asked him. "Bambam, you can't believe what I had just witnessed. You are so lucky, dongsaeng. I am so envious of you right now," Jaebum hyung told me while pouting.

"Huh?" I asked him, still unsure of what he was referring to. "이것 (This)," he moved his body backwards so much that I was greeted by another human being staring at me, trying to get my attention.

"Yes?" I asked politely to Jihyun. "What did you just say in Thai??" she asked, looking interested.

"I said ทำไมต้องเป็นสีนี้?" I replied, not sure if she understands me. "What does it mean?" she asked yet again. "It means 'Why must it be this colour'?" I whisper-shout back at her.

I saw her nod before turning her gaze to the students around her.

Jihyun's POV

  I kind of wished that Mr Kim had made a mistake somehow. Pairing up with a random classmate is awkward. Especially if it's Jungkook.

  "Okay, listen up class! I an very sorry to tell you that there has been a mistake in this activity," Mr Kim announced. How happy was I when I heard that. Okay, please let it be me, please let it be me...

  I could hear other classmates whispering and whistling. "I think it's me" "Please pick me, pick me, pick me!" "I wanna be picked, I don't wanna pair up with this ugly nerd" "Mr Kim better not be joking right now"

  "Bambam, can you and Shinae please come up to the teacher's desk?" Mr Kim said.

  "Man, it's that Thai dude" "Seriously??" "Why not me?" "I hate this teacher" I heard my classmates voiced out. If they think that they are whispering, they are wrong. I totally can hear them clearly.