Chapter 2 | Graduation Ball

Jihyun's POV

I was wailing in the washroom when suddenly the door to the washroom swung open.

"Anyone there?" A voice asked. I could hear footsteps going into the washroom. The footsteps are coming closer to me.

"Hello? I know you are inside," the same voice asked.

I stopped crying and asked, "Wh-Who are you? What do you want?" The footsteps stopped and I could tell that the person is thinking.

"I am Yugyeom, I just want to know what happened to you and why you are crying alone in the washroom," Yugyeom replied.

"Oh, hello Yugyeom, I am Jihyun. I know you just want to bully me so please go away," I said, sadly.

"Oh no, I would never do that. I just wanted to help you and maybe be your friend since your friend had been absent for a week now and you must be sad," Yugyeom shook his head while denying.

Upon hearing this, I got curious and slowly opened the cubicle door. To my surprise, standing in front of me, stood a boy who is around my height. I gasped and stared at him.

Yugyeom scratched his head, "Oh I am sorry, you must have thought I was a girl, haha." I shook my head vigorously, "No, I would never have thought that, but why are you in the girls washroom?"

Yugyeom's eyes wondered around the washroom, avoiding my gaze. "You see, I am sorry but I heard your cries in the washroom when I was passing by. I got curious and decided to check it out. I didn't see that this was a girls washroom, please don't freak out!"

I did not freak out, instead, I nodded understanding him. "Uh... Do you want to be my friend?" Yugyeom asked nervously.

"Sure! I would love to!" I replied, happily.

After that incident, Yugyeom became my best friend. He is my hero and my shining armour. He protected me from bullies such as Jimin and Jungkook. I felt lucky to have him as my best friend. Sadly, Kunpimook Bhuwakul still did not return to school. Weeks had past, months have past. The months turned into years over the time. Gradually, I forgot about him.

>>
Still Jihyun's POV

Finally, today is the day of my graduation to Secondary School. (Middle School) I am really excited. On the day of my graduation, there would be a graduation ball. Students and teachers have to dress up for that day. The good thing about this is that no lessons will be conducted on that day!

I rummaged through my drawer in my walk-in closet, trying to find to perfect dress. "Ugh, why can't I find it," I said, a little irritated.

Just then, the door to my closet opened and my mother walked in, horrified. Piles of dresses were scattered on the floor.

"Oh my, Jihyun, what's all this mess?!" my mother said, covering her mouth with her hand.

My scratched the nape of my neck guiltily, "Sorry mummy, it's just that I can't find the perfect dress for this night."

My mother walked over to the closet and picked out a white dress. She examined it before handing it to me, "I think this is the one."

  She handed me the white dress she picked. It had little laces on the top part of it and it was a little pink-ish. It had a big fluffy bow in the middle, wrapped around the middle part of the dress. The silk soft bow was tied in a silver diamond piece. The bottom part of the dress was fluffy as it was made of thick layers of cloth.

  Looking at it, I beamed, "This is just perfect, thanks mummy." I quickly shooed away my mother, then I quickly changed into the light pink dress that my mother picked for me.