Chapter 1 | My Only Friend

Jihyun's POV

Today is the day of my first primary school. (Elementary School) I am really excited because I had never been to a school before. Furthermore, my awesome brother is coming home today.

  "Are you prepared to go to school?" My father asked with a gentle smile.

  I nodded my head enthusiasticly as I smiled from ear to ear. Since today was my first day of primary school, my lovely mum had packed me a bento box for me to bring it to school.

  "Goodbye Mummy!" I waved happily to my mother before grabbing my schoolbag and walking out of the house. My mother kissed me goodbye just before I grabbed my schoolbag.

  After entering the car, my father told me, "Harley, or should I say Jihyun, remember the things I am going to tell you."

  I nodded attentively to my father's words.

"Remember to always eat the food in the lunchbox that we give you. Be sure to make new friends so that you won't be lonely. Drink lots of water. Listen attentively to your teachers. Always do the homework given to you. Lastly, NEVER EVER break the school rules and tell me when someone bullies you, understand?"

  I smiled gleefully and replied, "Okay, dad! I will!"

  After that, my father drove me to my primary school.

>>
Still at Jihyun's POV

  My father dropped me off at the entrance of the school. He waved me goodbye and cheered me up by saying, "Hwaiting!" I waved goodbye to him back and turned around.

  "Woahhhhhh!" I exclaimed, fascinated by the school. The school had a swimming pool, an indoor sports hall, a large canteen filled with a variety of food stalls, a large playground and a humongous library filled with thousands of interesting storybooks.

  I walked through the front gate eagerly. I wondered around the school, taking in its beauty. I had never seen anything like this before.

  As I was wondering around the school, I got so engrossed into the scenery that I accidentally bumped into someone.

  "Ahhh!" A loud scream could be heard. Oof... Ouch.. I fell down flat on my butt. I quickly picked myself up and apologized, "Sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you."

  On the floor was a boy, who is just around my height. He looked up and stared dagger at me. "Sorry? SORRY? Are you blind? Sorry doesn't help to repair my spectacles!" He picked up a pair of spectacles from underneath his butt.

  "I'm sorry" was all I could say. I have never been in this situation before. I turned around and quickly walked away. I found myself in the hall and walked towards the end of it.

  "Excuse me, where can I find class 1-A?" I asked an adult, that is supposedly a teacher. He turned towards the right and pointed at a sign that said, 'CLASS 1-A'. I thanked the teacher before making my way towards the sign. As fast as lightning, I quickly settle myself down on the floor, in a row of girls.

  A boy who was sitting beside me asked me, "Hey! What is your name?" I turned my head to the direction of the speaker. "Park Jihyun" I said with a smile.

  "Jihyun? Ahh... My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul," the boy replied. I laughed for a bit and smiled elatedly. "Kunpimook Bhuwakul? That is a nice name," I said. He looked at me with his eyes widened, "You can memorize my name? How? Normally people would forget my name."

  Looking at his confused manner, I laughed even more. After that we became friends. We would often eat together and talk together. During class, we are even table partners. How coincidental. However, one day, he didn't come to school. That day, I was really upset as he was my only friend. But that wasn't just one day, he had missed school for a week now. I began to freak out and people started calling me, "The Loner". That one week, people started accusing me as the reason that my only friend did not come to school. I started distancing myself from my school mates.

>>

  "So you are the Jihyun that everyone has been talking about, huh?" the boy, whom I bumped into on my first day of school, asked. I was being cornered by that boy, whose name is Park Jimin, and his friend Jeon Jungkook.

  "Wh-what do you want?" I shuttered. "Oh nothing, just, you are just a monster Jidie," he replied nonchalantly. "J-Jidie?" I asked. "Yeah.. Jidie. Go die Jihyun, you don't deserve to be in this school. You are a monster that made a student, who is so called your 'friend' to leave the school."

  Upon hearing this, I pushed Jungkook and Jimin away with full force and ran to the nearest washroom. I entered one of the cubicals and locked myself in. Slowly, I felt wet liquid on my cheeks and it dripping from my chin to my knees as I hugged my knees. I soon realized that I was crying in the washroom. I had never experienced this before. Kunpimook Bhuwakul, please come back. Don't let me suffer alone.

_____________________________________
A/N: Hello, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will try to update as soon as possible and make the chapters longer. See you on the next chapter! Bye! ;)